I Remember | Teen Ink

I Remember

September 1, 2012
By maybeoneday SILVER, Euless, Texas
maybeoneday SILVER, Euless, Texas
6 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
No one can hurt me without my permission.






-Ghandi


I remember the way that your cheeks got all red in the cold. I remember the way your laugh echoed through an empty house, bringing alive the ghosts of former tenants to stare at the marvel that was you. I remember every tear you shed, every laugh you graced the world with, every word that fell so sweetly from your lips. I remember when we were kids and you always wanted to play princess, and made me play the prince. I remember watching you grow up, realizing that boys didn’t have cooties anymore. I remember watching you fall in love with a boy and feeling happy that you had found a real prince. I remember learning about your engagement to your prince. I remember standing at your wedding, sharing my view of your romance with friends that I didn’t even know. I remember holding your daughter in my arms for the first time. I remember the fight that tore us apart. I remember the call that left me numb. I remember the funeral that broke my heart. I remember you. I will always remember you.