It Fell | Teen Ink

It Fell MAG

And the damn thing fell. Hehadn't meant for that to happen, honest. Because even though it was ugly- well, perhaps hideous was more appropriate - he had, at least in somefuzzy, subconcious way, known it was important to her. The entiregod-forsaken pottery workshop had been important and that ... thing shebrought home, well, she was proud of it. But wanting to put it in thedining room, for Pete's sake! He should have lied when she asked what hethought of it. He knew that now, watching it fall. Hell, he had knownthat the second all he said about the thing was "umm ..." andher face fell. But what did she want him to say? She comes home andpresents him with something out of Medusa's houseware line, and he'sjust supposed to ... what? But he knew. He could have at least fakedenthusiasm. And when she insisted, crying, on setting it on the table,he shouldn't have turned away like that. But he hadn't meant to knockthe stupid thing over. Which didn't matter now, because he had. Nowthere was nothing to do but watch it fall.

i love this !

on May. 13 2012 at 10:09 am
alex_gold SILVER, Southlake, Texas

'You can approach the act of writing with nervousness, excitement, hopefulness, or even despair - the sense that you can never completely put on the page what's in your mind and heart. You can come to the act with your fists clenched and your eyes narrowed, ready to kick ass and take down names. You can come to it because you want a girl to marry you or because you want to change the world. Come to it any way but lightly. Let me say it again: you must not come lightly to the blank page.'

Stephen King

That was so amusing! Please write more!!!!! Also, you might want to work a little bit on your spacing, but that is all!! GREAT WORK!