depression | Teen Ink

depression

May 2, 2011
By nataly123 BRONZE, Atglen, Pennsylvania
nataly123 BRONZE, Atglen, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

I was sad, angry, and confused at life, at my life. Depression was something that got and still has a hold of me. Behind my smile there’s a girl that doesn’t really understand why life has putting her through a lot. There was times in my life were I just wanted to die because I saw no meaning. I began cutting and people began judging, calling me stupid and dump for doing it but what they don’t know is that there’s a story behind each cut. Only if they spend less time judging and more time asking what’s wrong and why I do it maybe they would understand how hopeless I felt.

Things are getting better as days go by, happiness, and clear thoughts are coming to me. There’s one person I thank and will always be graceful for it’s thanks to her my life is taking the right path, the path were someday might lead me to a bright future. She helped me out and got me out of the dark hole I felt i was in. I give thanks for everything she did, she never judged me she understood she was like a mother I could go to and be myself, be the person I wish I could be.

Thanks to all that next year I’m doing a speech on depression so people understand how lost and lonely I felt, how someone can feel. How judging people doesn’t help it, it just makes things worse and even lead them to death because they can’t stand how people judge and don’t really bother asking what really is going on. Next time ask and talk to the person before you began judging.