"The Smile of Sarah Jane" | Teen Ink

"The Smile of Sarah Jane"

By guilberly BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
guilberly BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

I was running, sceaming and yelling, fighting my way through the endless forest. Fear overwhelms my soul and mind, not knowing are even recognizing the things in site. All I knew was that I was endanger and I needed to be save .This all started because of “The smiled” It was her smile that captivated me; it was so full of life and warmth. Sarah Jane was always the outgoing type, the one that every boy would drool all over ,her body took the form of a goddess ,if I didn’t know any better I would have thought she was the reincarnation of Venus. I never thought a boy like me would ever be in her presents are even breathe the same air as she did. She first notices me in math class I was a genius when it came to math. She would usually talk to me when she needed help understanding a problem and her smile was her ticket to gaining my attention. She always would defend me when Jake the captain of the football team would taunt me, her authority over the boys in school was amazing Jake would always quite teasing me and apologize to me and promise that he wouldn’t do it again, but I knew better, I was the laughing stalk of Baker high and he was the reason why. I was seen as Sarah nerd friend, but I wanted to be more than that, I just couldn’t live with out her smile ,her smile was the reason I loved her and couldn’t live without her. I even created a shrine in my room worshiping her picture. It was the picture of her smile that was the light that guided me through my bad times it was my salvation. I knew that I had to tell Sarah about the feelings I have for her.
So one day after school I decided to proclaim my love to her at cheerleading practice ,but when I got there not even the mighty god himself would have prepare me for what I saw. I saw Sarah talking and smiling at Jake she gave him the same smile that she gave me, the smile that was the emblem of our love. My stomach was filled with disgust for both Jake and Sarah; at once I felt something break within my cranium and rage and confusion pocessed me. My head started to spin the picture of that moment was attached to my mind all I knew was that if I can’t have Sarah nobody can. I quickly ran to my locker and took out my mini rifle. As Sarah and Jake were leaving the campus I followed them into the forest were I ended their lives by shooting both of them in the back. I buried both of them separately so their souls wouldn’t meet even in the afterlife. I buried Sarah next to the oak tree were we would study under every Tuesday. This oak tree was another symbol of our love for it’s the place were we would Reconcile our love. Jake in the other hand was buried next to a garbage dump, I had fun chopping his body to pieces and scattering it all over the filthy ground and than covering it with Trash and dog resedue, because I truly believe that Jake was nothing but garbage this is my retribution for taken away Sarah from me and making me a punching bag to the whole school .Deep inside me Their was a dark whole which was sucking the life out of me but it felt exhilarating the fact that I was able to touch Sarah’s body and chopped up my arch enemy to pieces was intoxicating.

Moments After my heinous crime I felt incomplete and I was afraid, I wasn’t afraid of the consequences of my action but afraid of my survival, how will I live without the smile the smile that kept me stabilize and humane. The voice in my head intensified, and I began to run deep into the forest, nothing was familiar to me , only the smile of Sarah Jane was lock in my head and couldn’t get out. I began to scream “Sarah, Sarah come save me” “what have I done” screaming while running through the empty forest. when I reach grand creepers lake as I look at my reflection through the water I realize I was looking at an empty shell I didn’t even recognize myself and I knew the only thing that could save me was the mini rifle that was clutch in my hand.

This piece that I have written is a very interesting short Story.Its about a psycho killer who so obsessed with this girl Smile that it drives him insane.Edger Allen Poe "Tall Tale Heart" is my inspiration for this piece.

DammyyBoo said...
This story is So Good ! I Give It 10 Stars !!

andyd15 said...
This is really good.Keep making more and good imagination  :)

domo said...
This story was amazing. I love it !

Dijah said...
This story was very good! The imagery as well! Good description!

Bree1204 said...
This is good I liked It

Afrozaa said...
GREAT JOB!

Shyla said...
Awe that was soo good

maika509 said...
Good job Guilly, it was a little creepy but in today's world creepy is good! Like the previous person said just double check your grammar and mechanics! Keep on writing!!!!

gmoney said...
thanks for the complement

shysmile said...
Nice work, even though I found it creepy lol it was still a good story. Just watch out for punctuation, spelling and grammer....keep up the good work :)

Islande509 said...
THIS STORY IS VERY TOUCHING I DIDNT KNOW YOU KNOW HOW TO WRITE LIKE THAT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Diime said...
i really like this, keep it up !

this is the best story that I have herd.

Jannatulr said...
This story is great! I didn't know u write that well.. I actually read it and didnt get bored by it.. Great job! Keep it up ! 

JodieR said...
I love the story. It is so deep.

If this story is not on the top list I swear literature has never been so good