Falling From Grace | Teen Ink

Falling From Grace

By Lopez1516 SILVER, Little River, South Carolina
Lopez1516 SILVER, Little River, South Carolina

"When you live forever what do you live for"?

The stream flows, it moves quietly and gracefully. Un-noticed, un-judged…………………

They all look at me with scornful eyes, hatred seethes from their pores. They look badly upon me and whatever I do seems strange to them. They point at me and laugh. I run. I run past the crowd, run past the lockers, run past the doors. Seeking escape………………………………

I run and run. No matter how much I run, I end up at school, breathlessly panicking for a way out. They watch me from inside, seeing my next move. I want to crumble, but I can’t, not in front of them……………………………

I close my eyes. I feel the sweat pouring down my forehead, my eyebrows mashed together. I inhale, exhale. Finally I can breath, finally I open my eyes……………

They surround me and I try to run past them. Someone tugs me down; I fall into the mud feeling the tears prickling down as I try to get up. I look down at my burning hands to find them scabbed and bleeding. I look around me as they begin to circle me……………………………………………

I want to scream and cry. I want to fall. I want to break, without them gloating and feeding from my disgrace. I feel a slap to my face before I can react. My face digs into the dirt

My anger comes out. It pulls me apart, and rips its way out. Rain starts to pour, lightning begins to strike. I get up, look at the sky and viciously curl my lips

A girl so judged she wants to break free. Stripped of her innosence, a monster she becomes.