That's Not All I Do | Teen Ink

That's Not All I Do

November 17, 2010
By Matilda Jane A. PLATINUM, Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
Matilda Jane A. PLATINUM, Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
23 articles 14 photos 0 comments

I sit and think. Actually I do plenty of things while I think about tomorrow I don’t just sit because that’s not all I do I read and eat and go places and work and take showers so that when tomorrow does come I’ll be clean. And I’ll smell nice like you used to say I did. I sit and think and pretend that nothing at all is happening tomorrow and it’ll be just another Sunday for me to sit and think about Monday but I don’t just sit and think because that’s not all I do. I think about a lot of things and I think about how it’s been three months since the last time I saw you and then I think about that last time I did see you and how we sat and talked about how my parents were mad that they caught me smoking but they weren’t mad at the same time they just wanted me to think about what I was doing and also I told you how I told them that you were the one who got me to smoke because up till then I was a good girl. I sit and think what the chances are that you’ll remember to call me when you get off your plain and I try to do all my homework while I sit and think so that tomorrow if you do call I won’t have to worry about school on Monday but I don’t just sit and think because that’s not all I do. I think about all the things that happened over this last summer and I think about how sometimes we were friends and sometimes we weren’t and sometimes we were more than friends but we never told anyone because then everyone would think that we were dating again but we didn’t want them to think that but I did tell my two friends since I don’t keep anything from them except my one friend who was in Italy all summer I told her that I had quit smoking but I didn’t and I kept smoking with my other friend who I told because she liked to smoke and we’d sit in the sun on my lunch break with our cigarettes and I’d pretend that I wasn’t sitting and thinking about you but I don’t just sit and think because that’s not all I do. If you do remember to call tomorrow and I see you and I’m sitting down I’m going to tell you about what I think you want to talk about and ask you all sorts of questions while I sit and think about how all I want is for you to let me know if you still like me like I love you. But I don’t just sit and think because that’s not all I do.