Inside the closet | Teen Ink

Inside the closet

November 10, 2010
By Dice14 SILVER, Saint Louis, Missouri
Dice14 SILVER, Saint Louis, Missouri
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."
Napoleon Hill, "Believe you are defeated, believe it long enough, and it is likely to become a fact"
Norman Vincent Peale,


770
770


I'm trapped inside a closet, beating the door down.The stinch of failure and resentment, oh why does she do me that way! Before this all happened she crept into the room to find that I was smoking drugs in my bedroom I fought, I kicked, I screamed, but her strength was greater than mine oh, how I wish that someway I could stop! Stop letting temptations creep upon me. Everyday when I sleep, I dream of being killed by the Man himself who brought me into his will. Oh, I wake up panting for now i realize it was a dream, but I felt so bad because I was still in the closet. But once i was clean, until found this green weed, not sure what it was, then i brought it to class,showed everybody they laughed, because they knew what I didn't know. One child saw i was clueless, so he took upon himself and blew it. For that was when i got stuck , without any luck. I really can't break out, because I feel there's no way out. The darkness now clouds the light, for I feel alone, until I hear someone saying my name, " my child you're not alone, come talk to me." And I did,the light was shown, and from there on I never blown.


The author's comments:
what inspired me to do this piece were people who were addicted to something. I got into the mind of a person who does drugs and can't seem to find the light out, though in darkness. They don't see the answer when the answers right in front of them. You think you're alone but you really aren't and the persons waiting. The person is God. Waiting for you to talk to him and he'll find the light for you. This poem was wriiten for all the people struggling with addiction or drugs and that there is light.