The Death of Life | Teen Ink

The Death of Life

By jesusfreak17 SILVER, Winslow, Maine
jesusfreak17 SILVER, Winslow, Maine

"Tears are words from the heart that can't be spoken."- Unknown
"Anyone can make you smile or cry, but it takes someone special to make you smile when you already have tears in your eyes."- Unknown

A sea of blue purple and white. It's all so fascinating. It could be a jigsaw puzzle with missing pieces, or it could be a heart that's been battered and torn apart. A life filled with pain and abuse. A heart that's never been shown the meaning of love. A heart that's been lied to and broken. A heart with no meaning. A heart that's barely beating. Pain doesn't end easily. The heart thinks there is a way out. She wants to escape the pain. As things go black the memories are all she sees. Flashing lights and people screaming. She couldn't hide the shot they heard. She barely hears the words you're safe now when she closes her eyes. Days, weeks, and months pass. It's dark but she hears the voices. It's been six months since that devastating day. Six months in a coma. Forever is how long the consequences last. Forever with brain damage. Also forever with the boy who always loved her. Now she knows the depths of true love. Such a tragic event leading to a happy ending.