From the Sea | Teen Ink

From the Sea

June 30, 2010
By Shelbs13 GOLD, White Plains, New York
Shelbs13 GOLD, White Plains, New York
10 articles 0 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
I have too many to even name so I'm not even going to go there... lol


It’s unusual how there is a swirl of darkness around this clear, blue sky. The clouds have dispersed and the mysterious darkness is beginning to command the entire sky. I see a small stream ahead of me and I find myself, uncontrollably, walking to it. I search around me; hoping of someone nearby to save me from falling in, but no one is there. I stop at the edge of the stream and look at my reflection and find it is not my own. It’s the face of someone else, yet I know not who. The ground shakes and I fall forward, face first into the water. It has now become a ferocious river set on pulling me in. I try to swim towards the coast as it gets farther out of my reach. There is no hope of reaching it, so I focus on staying up above the water. The current will probably push me along until there is a branch I can grab onto… yea, that’s it.
Suddenly, I’m paralyzed. My arms and legs can’t move, so I sink under; unable to resist; unable to save myself. I hold my breath as the river drags me over sharp rocks and sticks and anything else that happens to be in its way. All it’s focused on is still me for some unknown reason. The river jerks me back and forth and eventually I somehow end up on my back; still under water, though, and still without hope.
Then, as if like an angel, I see a strange figure descending from the sky. I can tell that it’s a woman by her hair and body shape. Slowly, she continues her descend from the sky. As she gets closer and closer to the raging water, I open my mouth to scream out to her. I scream and tell her to watch out and to help me, but no sound escapes from my lungs. Only air rushes out of me and I can’t breathe. Then, as if on cue, the woman plunges deep into the depths on the river and right next to me. For the first time, I can see her face and I feel like I know her. I’ve seen her before a long time ago. Instantly, her eyes snap open and she screams my name as I plunge deeper into the unknown waters of a now distant ocean.


The author's comments:
This is just a dream I wrote that would potentially startof one of my story's.