Princesses. | Teen Ink

Princesses.

February 22, 2010
By ReneetheGreat PLATINUM, Castle Rock, Colorado
ReneetheGreat PLATINUM, Castle Rock, Colorado
28 articles 3 photos 85 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Strength does not come from physical capacity, but from an indomitable will."


Once upon a time,
Two princesses lived in a magical kingdom.
One day, they ventured to an unknown land,
Armed with tutus and magic wands,
They set out to kill the neighboring enemy.
With a flick of her wrist and a shake of her wand,
The evil bees were destroyed!
One princess giggled at the sight of her friend,
Who covered her face with her hands,
But she soon saw her friend’s battle wounds,
And giggled a little more at the enemy’s sting.
Once upon a time,
Two princesses lived in a magical kingdom.
The princesses did everything together,
They even learned to brave the thrashing waters of the pool,
Side by side.
One day, as they prepared for another battle among the sea
They came across a grumpy Duke.
This Duke always liked to tease the little blonde princess,
But he might have liked her just a little.
He liked her so much, he made her chase him right up to his room!
But a princess is forbidden in the room of the Duke,
And therefore got her toe royally smashed.
Starting with a peep, and growing to a sob,
The little blonde princess promised payback to her little admirer. Every day, the princesses set out to conquer the world, or at least a little piece of it. They filled the moments with laughter, secrets, and stories. They had an indescribable bond that caused others to stop and stare. But as they grew older, trouble arose in the kingdom, and the princesses were forced to live apart from each other in the treacherous land known as middle school. They soon began to find other princesses from foreign lands with whom they shared more in common. The tension mounted, until the brown-haired princess realized that they weren't the same little girls they once had been, and vowed to find another friend with whom she could share stories and secrets and laughter. But when this princess moved to a faraway land, thousands of miles away from the childhood princess she had shared everything with, she began to realize that a part of each of them was woven into a childhood of memories, and they shared a bond that no matter of miles could break. No matter how many miles they would have to reach across, no matter how many challenges they would have to overcome, they were and always would be, sisters.


The author's comments:
With your best friend at your side, you can conquer the world, even if she lives far away. This is dedicated to my best friend :)