Seats Gone Wrong | Teen Ink

Seats Gone Wrong

July 3, 2009
By bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio
bubbasamantha GOLD, Woodville, Ohio
12 articles 0 photos 41 comments

Favorite Quote:
Most dreams don't come true on their own; you have to make them true.  It takes a lot of work.  It's not easy, but not impossible, either.


“So, are you excited?” my best friend Mandy asked.

“Yeah! I can’t wait to see Thunderstruck live! Their band rocks!” I squealed while adding the last touch to my makeup. “So, where’s my ticket?”

Mandy reached into her oversized purse and pulled out two slips of paper.

“Here.” She handed me one of them.

“So, how much did they cost?” I asked casually.

“Oh, not much,” she merely replied.

Since I’ve known Mandy for so long, I knew better than to believe her. When she doesn’t tell you the exact answer to your question, you know the answer is bad.

“Mandy!” I said, firmly gripping her on the shoulders. “How much did they cost?”

“I told you not that much! Only three hundred and fifty,” she muttered under her breath.

“Three hundred and fifty for both?” I asked alarmed.

“No! Of course not for both! For each!”

My jaw fell to the floor. “It cost three hundred and fifty each?” I gasped.

“A total of seven hundred dollars,” she added.

“Well, they were on sale, and plus they’re good seats!” she added defensively.

“You better hope they’re good seats!”

“Don’t worry, they are!” She smiled. “And since we can only do this once, why not go all out?”

“If we went all out, we would be broke!”

“Hmm…” she answered, considering. “You’re probably right!”


As we arrived at the concert, we got in line to go inside. Once we got the okay, we started hunting for our seats. When we found them, I was amazed at how close we were.

“You were right!” I admitted. “These are great seats!”

When the curtain opened, we stood up and cheered with the rest of the crowd.

Just as they were about to start their hit song, Life’s a Party, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“May I see your ticket please?” a muscular man asked.

“Of course!” I handed him both of the tickets.

“There seems to be a problem. These aren’t your seats.”

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“You’re supposed to be way back there.” He pointed back toward the entrance doors.

“We were ripped off!” I replied as he guided us to our far away seats.

The author's comments:
My name is Meghan. I am in a program called Power of the Pen. It really helps young writers become better at creative writing. I have been to District, Regionals, and State for Power of the Pen. I enjoy it a lot!