Not To Be Seen - NG3rd | Teen Ink

Not To Be Seen - NG3rd

September 15, 2022
By abrauneis1 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
abrauneis1 BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Not To Be Seen

“What are you doing there bud?” Asked Kelly while she walked up to her son that was by the chimney, “nothing playing with Billy” said Jake. “Billy?” she said, being very shocked, as there was no one in the room. Yes mom he is right here don't you see him? Kelly was too busy to dowdle on the situation since being a single mom in charge of the farm with there being always something to do. As the evening went by she asked herself “why Billy” it was normal to have imaginary friends, but that name was so odd. She had an unflattering feeling similar to the one she had all those years ago. At supper time Jake saved Billy a seat. Kelly was trying to think about it too much while she served the food.

The whole time Jake was having a conversation with Billy as Kelly just watched. When they finished eating they got ready for bed. Kelly went to tuck Jake into his bed and read him a bedtime story. When he fell asleep she kissed him goodnight and left the door slightly open. She got to her room and got herself ready for bed, as she laid down she still had a intrigue in herself about the name Billy. As soon as she was falling asleep she heard a door slam, she thought maybe it was just a burst of wind. Moments later she hears footsteps down the hall, it was Jake opening her door.  He was complaining about Billy and how he did not let him sleep, Instant chills ascended from her feet all the way to her head. The memories started flooding her head, getting all the flashbacks. Her brain took her to her childhood, one day in particular. One cloudy afternoon that she had gotten back from school and everyone was talking about the town's evil spirits. She went straight to her room and changed out of her school uniform. Her brother Billy knocked on her door and told her that someone kept on talking to him to go outside. Kelly told him “you are crazy, leave me alone” and continued to play her recorder. Later that day she realized that her brother was nowhere to be seen. Immediately she called her mom because they were home alone when she arrived she asked what had happened. Kelly responded “he told me someone was calling him to go outside.” They went outside to look for him but there was no trace of Billy anywhere, so they contacted the police. When police arrived they started a search, but failed at it. Later that night they found Billy's body scratched up next to a fire. That was the most traumatic and sad day for Kelly and her mom. Kelly snapped out of it and returned to Jake asking him what Billy had told him. Jack responded “he wants to go play outside” Kellys face froze. She told Jake not to listen and that he could stay the rest of the night with her or go back to his room. Kelly was still in shock because Jake did not know about his uncle just to make it up. After hours and hours she finally fell asleep. When they got up the next morning everything was fine. She started making breakfast while Jake was in the living room. When the food was done she served it and ate. As they finished eating he left to go play and Kelly went back to work on the farm. When she got to the farm she started getting a capricious feeling. Back inside the house Jake was watching tv. He was watching his favorite show when he head a whisper “Jake” he turned and continued watching. Being close to the end of the movie he got bored and stopped it, when he did that he heard his name again. This time he decided to follow the voice around the house that led him outside into the backyard. Billy led Jake to the woods that were close to his house. Ast they walked they came across a small creek. They walked for a while as the sun was really bright and shining on them. Jake tried to walk on the shade most of the time, but he was starting to get bored from just walking. Billy kept on telling him that he had a surprise for him. They kept on walking, passing trees and small creeks. At a certain point it started to get cloudy, but the sun was still peaking. When they got to a certain point Billy began attacking Jake, meanwhile Kelly was going inside the house and called for Jake. He did not come out so she looked in every room, when she did not find him she was feeling very exacerbated. After no sign of him she called her mother and told her “i can not find Jake” her mom said she was going. Her mother arrived and helped look around the house but there was nothing. They heard some distant noises outside, so they went and looked everywhere. Started screaming out his name “Jake Jake Jake!!” Once they got to the middle of a creek they saw something they got closer and it was Jake. They found him all scratched up by some logs. Kelly was terrified and could not stop crying. Billy had taken his soul like they had done to him. She tried to keep herself autonomous, but she could not.


The author's comments:

It includes some imagination.