Fox and hel | Teen Ink

Fox and hel

By Piarosa210 BRONZE, Springs, Colorado
Piarosa210 BRONZE, Springs, Colorado

"You can live your
whole life not
realizing that what
you're looking for is
right in front of you.“

“The best people all have some kind of Scar.”

There was a group of teenagers on a school bus going back home from a long day of school.“ oh my god, I hate school” “I know why we have to go maybe we should skip”. They said to themselves. But then the bus broke down right next to an abandoned house, even if the bus diver said to stay on the bus they got off and went down to explore until the bus was fixed. They walked into the house to find it empty but really old things like an old rotary phone that was maybe from the 1940 and a small porcelain doll sitting in the middle of the floor and an old letter on her lap but It look like it survived a fire, they were scared by it but still walked towards it, they picked the fragile doll up and saw a big red crack on its face, they joked about it but didn’t think anything of it. The bus driver yelled out saying “the bus is fixed”. So they walked back and took the letter that was burnt and the doll with them. They read the letter on the bus and it said “Hi I’m Hel can you play with me?” After one of them look up on their phone what the name Hel could mean and it said it means the goddess of death they didn’t say anything then laugh so much that the bus driver said to be quiet, and one boy said how about one of us takes it home for a day and passes it on to the next person, they all thought it was a good idea so that’s what they did, the first person to take it home was a girl. She didn’t want to at first but she was trying to fit in and was just making friends so she said she will take it home. The bus driver drove the girl home along with the rest of the teens, he arrived at the girl’s house and she got all her thing and took the doll down with her. She walked to her door and knocked, her mom opened the door to her surprise, her daughter was holding a weird doll, her mom asked “who’s is that?” She didn’t know what to say so she just said “my friend’s doll, it will be gone by tomorrow” the mom said “OK”. She walked into her four stories mansion and went to her room. No one knows she was really rich and she didn’t want anyone to know so she told the bus diver to drop her off a few blocks away from where she did live and she walk the rest of the way home. In her room, she place the doll down on her desk and stared at it for a second then looked away. Out of nowhere, her mom called her “Fox honey come here please”. All Fox’s mom called her for was to come to eat so she ate, and then back up to her room.