Imagination | Teen Ink

Imagination MAG

Crouched in a dark corner, awaiting my doom, I listen as the slow, unquestionable footsteps get closer. This creature, an amalgam of my fears, is inhuman and possessed by Satan. I feel death, like an over-eager racehorse, galloping toward me with determined eyes and a frenzied hunger for victory. I try to meld into the wall, but my blood has turned cold and I can't move. I can see in my mind the three-pronged spike, ready to pierce me and the merciless hand holding it. The red eyes glimmer in the surrounding black empty space. I can hear the Darth Vader-like breathing and the snarl of anger as it searches for me in the darkness. I crawl along the floor, avoiding the squeaky boards. I sense the creature's presence as I claustrophobically claw my way along the floor. I am being tortured, like a mouse being batted around the floor by a cat. It is laughing at my misery and basking in its conquest and victory. I am just another victim, doomed to eternal flames and anguish in Hell.

Finally, the unbearable waiting is over and the lights flicker on. I can't see, blinded by the intensity of the light and petrified to be face-to-face with the thing. Instead of fangs piercing my vulnerable neck, all I hear is a young voice yelling, "I found him! He's in the closet!" As I adjust my eyes to the light, I again become a playful, carefree boy and the hide and seek game continues. n

on Jul. 29 at 3:52 pm
Crazywolfiegirl2 PLATINUM, Kington, Other

When people first meet me, they think I'm really shy, but by the time they get to know me they wonder how the illusion of shyness ever came around!

Loved this I mean

on Jul. 29 at 3:51 pm

Oh wow, I lived this so much. How do you get into a mag?

i love this !