Step into the Dawn | Teen Ink

Step into the Dawn

Step into a dawn cloud with me. Walk to the horizon come sunrise. We will select one of the light pink clouds. A hop, a skip, and a leap away.  Walk right into cotton candy, feel the cool wet tingle as you pass. The cloud is greeting us. The dawn is greeting us. We are transported, and now see Japan, this cloud's memory from when the dawn shone above overseas. Indeed it's clear to see why this cloud was pink, for her favorite memory was a carpet of pink cherry blossoms, in full bloom, overlooked by a snow-peaked inactive volcano. Winds swirling and picking up a few pink petals from the lush grass hiding beneath. Rosy finches perched on some branches, their brown backs matching the trunks and pink chests of the petals, the trees in reverse. But we must go before it grows too late and we're trapped in the cloud all day. A hop, a skip, and a leap back home. There's a yellow cloud. Shall we? A hop, a skip, and a leap away, step into the dawn cloud with me. Feel the lemon whipped cream make way for us? The cloud is greeting us. The dawn is greeting us. A silk rug is laid out, millions of tiny buttercups with green blades of grass peeking out here and there. A flat field from somewhere in Kansas is this cloud's favorite memory. Hurry now. Do you see the blue cloud? Should we learn from him? Step into the dawn cloud with me to see what we might see. Just a hop, a skip, and a leap away I'll show you something new. Walk with me thru blue shaving foam, feel it fuzzing, buzzing. The cloud is greeting us. The dawn is greeting us. Ocean blue, roiling waves, dolphin spray, see this cloud's memory. The sea spray green, the beach sand white. Hurry now or we’ll miss our stop. See that lilac, shall we jump? Step into the dawn cloud with me, please don't go just yet. It's only a hop, a skip, and a leap away. Nothing to lose, so much to gain. Now come hop on, hurry now the sun is rising, the phoenix fading as she climbs to the sky to be a dull yellow. Quickly now lest we miss it. The velvet curtain brushes aside. See this cloud's memory? See the lavender hide dusty ground? See the gentle hills, the little shrub trees, leaves of olive green? See the orange sun glow as the cloud passed over? Come now, hurry now. Shall we be brave and see the sun's orange crys? Come now, step into the dawn sun with me. It's only a leap, bound, and run away. Feel the flame gently burning? The sun is greeting us, the dawn is greeting us. See the volcano burning orange? See the black slopes? See the gray smoke swirling about? See it fighting with the sun's white friends. And now we wonder why the sun isn't always orange. Hurry now before the lava hits us, hurry now before it's too late. The sun is risen. 

Shall we wonder after the white clouds? Do we dare to risk it? Step into the midday cloud with me, don't be afraid, are you chicken. It's only a leap, a hop, a skip, and a leap away. Feel the white cloud part from your face? The cloud is welcoming you, the day is welcoming us. See all the almond trees laid out so neat, tidy little rows with skeleton trees. See the ground of satin, white as the lily? See the fallen petals hiding the green? Do you still wonder why this cloud is white? Hurry now lest we miss the sunset. 

Red and gold and war with orange, let's explore, shall we? Farewell to the day, welcome the flame. See that golden cloud? Step into the dusk with me. It's only a hop, a skip, and a leap away. Shall we? Feel the gold rivers part for you. The cloud is welcoming us. The dusk is welcoming us. Look down at king Midas, his home and his lands. See the glint of it all? Do you know why this cloud is gold now? Hurry now, we must catch the red. Step into the dusk with me. It's only a hop, a skip, and a leap away. See the autumn leaves fall away for you? The cloud is welcoming us, the dusk is welcoming us. See the fields of poppy as if from oz? See the specks of yellow at heart? Smell the sweet sleep and feel the soft cloud? Would a little nap really hurt? We must hurry, hurry before we're caught in their spell, but now we know why this sleepy cloud chose dusk over dawn. 

Now whirl about east to see the moon rise. See the little black cloud? See the dark blue? Step into the night with me. The fluffy black cloud is only a hop, a skip, a leap away. Feel the smoke turn away? The cloud welcomes you, the night welcomes me. Look at the rainforest burned to mere ash. A sad kind of beauty no wonder this cloud is black. This darkness spreads for miles around, the choking smoke that parted for us infecting this lucky cloud. Pretty as it is we must go, must hurry, lest be consumed. Shall we follow the blue? Step into the night cloud with me. Feel the waters part for us? The cloud is welcoming us, the night is welcoming us. See the cornflower all around, see how this cloud had been fog. Feel the silky smooth petals, see the butterflies. But hurry now lest we miss the pewter moon or golden stars. Step into the night with me and follow to the moon. It's only, after all, a leap, a bound, and a run away. See the silver bells and gleaming snow? Children's laughter as they eagerly await old jolly Saint Nick? See the night humming with anticipation, see Christmas eve night? And the silver gleaming on the snow, the silver gleaming on the bells? The candles flicker, the child's whisper? Hurry now the night will fly. Shall we visit a cloud now? Will you step into a star with me even though it's a leap, a bound, and a run away? Feel the warmth hugging close, cleaving to you?  The star is welcoming you, the night is greeting you. See the firebugs flare at dark night when all other light is rare? Let us rest here, for our legs are tired and our journey done.

this is almost poetry, but definatly not. pretty abstract tho even if its not my usual style I'm enchanted. my name is actually dawn so it was weird not capitalizing it. tho not legally, I just go by dawn everywhere. i wouldn't share my legal name online.

on Jul. 9 2021 at 8:47 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

oh i swear kuro wrote that!(one of my characters, a poet. she picked her own name because her name is relicta and her sisters is earnestyna. they're parents didn't choose charitable names. but she goes by the Japanese word for black. her sister is indigo.)

on Feb. 27 2021 at 10:19 pm
CrystalMelody GOLD, X, Other

"um?"-me ;9

Step across the dawn to dusk
The darkness will conceal, protect
Step into the shadows of dusk
The darkness always welcomes, envelops
Step into the soothing dark
The dusk is good, benevolent
Step into the alternate good
The friendly ebony skye, the universe
Step into a different world
The greater than one, the all
Step into new eyes
The peaceful quiet, blissful calm
Step into the absolute silence
The serene shadow drapped, beautiful
Step with open mind and heart.
The day and dawn are one good the quiet night another
maybe only together are either complete.

on Feb. 27 2021 at 9:51 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

just to be clear i did do this a while ago and if i did it now it wouldn't have so much cringy stuff(tho maybe I'm biased).