Cottage on lake | Teen Ink

Cottage on lake

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

It Will Be Good.

A pristine light blue choppy watered lake flowed past a lovely rocky shore full of pine trees. A dark brown pinewood cottage sits right on the shore with tiny little windows that had dark green shutters with hearts carved in and flowerboxes painted the same forest green held full of purple trillium. Besides the picturesque cottage was a small vegetable garden by the stone chimney that poked out the side. Miles around there were no other houses and just a long dirt road connected the home to the rest of the world. Just then it was midday and there were no cars outside or flights on the inside, the residents must be absent. In the lake was a small pinewood dock with a fence of the same dusky wood, because the owner was afraid of water. Inside were trout and bass, a whole thriving ecosystem, and some smaller pools with shellfish and freshwater clams. It being high summer there was also a bald eagle perched on the house looking closely at the water until it caught sight of a fat trout and dove. A deer peeked out from behind a spruce tree then bounded off toward grassland. A couple of fox tails poked out from behind another copse occasionally too, but they were tussling playfully and it was hard to see. Some Canadian geese and otters played in the lake(if you've never seen a goose play in water you're missing out, it's adorable) and more geese flew overhead, honking loudly. The animals didn't seem afraid at all of their human neighbors, and the humans for their part were at one with the natural surroundings. 

This is my Mom's dream house, except it doesn't have any cows. She's terrified of water so the fence, weird as I consider it, would be greatly appreciated by her. she also loves trillium, and the general "cuteness" of it. to be fair we do live in a log cabin anyway. how do u feel about it?

on Apr. 22 at 9:12 pm
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

It Will Be Good.

ah lol. not common vocab, i see.

on Apr. 22 at 6:23 pm
Lydiaq PLATINUM, Somonauk, Illinois

Normal people don't know what they're missing.

I thought you meant corpse when you said "A couple of fox tails poked out from behind another copse..."

on Apr. 22 at 9:32 am
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

It Will Be Good.

i dont see where... ok?

on Apr. 22 at 9:26 am
Lydiaq PLATINUM, Somonauk, Illinois

Wish i lived there, except you said there was a corpse? A corpse means human remains. A carcass means animal remains. The first word is far creepier than the second, I don't think that was intended.