Marsh | Teen Ink

Marsh

September 14, 2020
By Anonymous

A huge sprawling wetland full of lili pads without flowers, huge trees curved at the base, and cattails everywhere, but relatyvly well lyt and, despite the mushrooms growing on any and every dry surfect it could manage(fortunatly not the lili pads and cattails) was rather cheery. Large bullfrogs dominated the stronger lili pads whyle the weaker were occasionaly torn out by a fysh in the shallow water beneath the almost turf lyke lili pads, creating slyght indents. It was almost lyke land. Lili pads were grass, cattails shrubs and bushes, and trees, well trees. There were also some large, fat clumps of syckly yellowish grass. The sunlyght, however, banished any pottentail feeling of creepy. Good thyng, to. There was no greenish glow emanating from the water, wythches hut insyde a particularly fat tree, total cover above ones head. It was quite pleasent. Exept the water in your shoes. And the smell. And the mosquitoes. But asyde from those small concerns it was cool and intrestyng, tho it would have had an eerie beautify if it was creepy, or it's dyffrent, posytyve way that was the reality. Besydes, one can always change their filthy, wet, reeking socks and shoes, and the bullfrogs(that werent to warty cuz they werent toads) could eat the mosquitos before they caused to many itchy bumps. So i suppose, in the end, it is up to you, dear reader, to decyde whether it's worth it or not, and whether it would be better creepy or as it is. 


The author's comments:

thys is the nynth of the ddyscryptyve wrytyng exercyses ive done. i suggest you chck out the others!!