On Death | Teen Ink

On Death

By ParkPark BRONZE, Hiawatha, Kansas
ParkPark BRONZE, Hiawatha, Kansas

"I bang my own drums, some think it's noise, I think it's pretty"

Many people think that people go somewhere after we die. Many think there is a Heaven and a Hell. But what many people don't think about is the possibility that we’re already dead. We all could just simply be replaying memories from our life, and that’s all that the afterlife is. Then at some point, we’ll run out of memories to play. Like a vhs tape, but what happens when we get to the end of the film? Can we rewind it, and forget what we just saw? Do we see a whole new movie? Or is it just a black blank screen for the rest of eternity? Do we simply cease to exist? Or if we are alive, then what does happen when we die? Is it replaying a tape, labeled with your name? Is it nothing, just darkness forever? Perhaps, we’ll never know. The afterlife is an exclusive club that everyone gets into eventually, but never want to be in, and never know what activities the members partake in.

Perhaps thinking about the events that occur after our time here, will only lead to unresolved sadness. Mabe, we shouldn't ponder about it, and just live your life? But there is many, who believe they know for sure what will happen, being promised by a religion what will happen. They live their lives according to strict rules in hopes to get the best thing possible afterwards. But nothing really is ever truly promised, is it? No one can ever know for sure. You go through your life, wondering and worrying about when and where you'll die. But always wondering may potentially get in the way of your life. If you go around worrying about everything, you’ll never do anything.