Judgment | Teen Ink

Judgment

January 23, 2019
By Fedoraboy SILVER, West Jordan, Utah
Fedoraboy SILVER, West Jordan, Utah
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Not every quick tongued fool is a hero in disguise."
-Brandon Sanderson (best author ever)


Black surrounded me. The last images of a forgotten dream flashing within my interactive brain. It's too early for this. I think at least i'm not really sure what time it is. My throat hurts. It's still sore. I call for my alexa with a cracked voice, And after several tries manage to turn off the horrid alarm. I'm finally able to open my eyes, and grudgedy welcome the world, again. Its pitch black. I literally role off the bed and flip the switch for light. It blinds me, but I need it. That means something deeper i'm sure. I play a song to wake me up, and get ready. I step out of my room. It's even darker, and I half stumble down the stairs. The dog perks up when I enter, but quickly sits back down. I do this every day.

Within 40 minutes my lunch is packed, and I am ready. I hear a creak from above and smile. My dads awake. He’s down earlier than I expected, but simply says “Two hour delay” A wave of emotions crashes over me. I'm uncertain how to feel. My internal struggle has been split into a desire for rest and a desire to see my friends. My first class of the day, my favorite class, has just been canceled. I checked the time on my phone. 5:30 am i've been up since 4:30 am. It will be another thirty minutes before my phone lets me text, so I wait dozing in and out of sleep. 6am hits and I retrieve my phone. Immediately I text my friend good morning and a few minutes later I get a response.

7 comes before I get up again. After retiring my shoes I walk to my shelf. The shelf I visit everyday. I run my finger across the hats. Am I feeling…comfortable? My hand stops on a fashionable black fedora with a golden bowtie-paperclip. I decide no and keep moving. Am I feeling...uncaring? I stop on an expensive hat, and one that I look terrible in but feel nice. I run over judgements in my head and don't like the number I come up with. I am not proud of my decision to forgo the hat, but I do. The opinions of people who judge mean alot to me whether I want them too or not.

 

I walk into school sad. Most of the time when I walk into school i'm happy because I get to talk to my friend. In my made up language her name is Always stay loyal to art. Her name translates to three symbols. Her favorite word is always for some reason. Her entire name literally means always stay loyal to art because she exhibits all those traits. Three girls sit down behind me. Each of them has a cup of coffee and a phone on their desk. All three of them are blonde. I don't enjoy the fact that I don't like them. They are at least somewhat nice to me. However it still doesn't make me happy. I'm still disappointed at myself. I feel bad for judging them it's rude and inconsiderate, but its human, and everytime you meet someone it happens. It's impossible to stop.

 


Lunch: (11:11)

Sack lunch: Sitting alone, so are the other “losers.”


Sandwich: Silently sitting, reading like a “nerd.”


Apple: An awkward glance becoming a long uncomfortable stare.


Chips: Cheap shots thrown around the room both insulting and funny.


Water: What are they saying, what do they mean? High school is full of uncertainty.

 


C block: Fiction fundamentals:

Independent reading:

“She’d been wrong about him. She was almost certain of that now. She had to stop judging people. But was that possible? Wasn't interaction based, in part, on judgments? A person’s backgrounds and attitudes influenced how she responded to them. The answer, then, wasn't to stop judging. It was to hold those judgments as mutable.”

-Brandon Sanderson, Warbreaker, page 530.

 


B block

DELAY SCHEDULE:

A BLOCK 9:45-10:45

REAL 10:47-11:02

C BLOCK 11:02-12:32

LUNCH A 11:02-11:32

LUNCH B :12:02-12:32

B BLOCK 12:34-1:31

D BLOCK 1:34-2:31


Eyes: What I see

Brain: what I think

Mouth: what I say

Soul: What I correct myself from thinking


Eyes: yup, normal day

Brain: out of the frying pan into the fire

Soul: No, Ms Love’s class is not a frying pan that makes no sense.

Brain: Yeah I agree it doesn't make sense, why would I jump in the fire.

Eyes: There is Mrs Carr, monotone as ever.

Mouth: ¨good afternoon Mrs Carr what’s happening today?¨

Soul: No, Mrs Carr is a good person she just doesn't teach in our style.

Brain: So she is an awful teacher.

Soul: No! Of course not do you not have a conscious.

Brain: No, that's what you’re for.

Soul: I hate you.