Anthony and his Weird Powers | Teen Ink

Anthony and his Weird Powers

May 10, 2018
By MoNad BRONZE, Fremont, California
MoNad BRONZE, Fremont, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The wind blew lightly through the freshly cut, green grass as Anthony was being pushed on the swing by his father. His mother sat on a nice, thick blanket a couple hundred feet from them smiling and waving at Anthony. Anthony and dark haired, dark skinned, fifteen year old boy from Los Angeles, California still did not know how to push himself on a swing. After about fifteen minutes Anthony got bored and decided it was time to go to the restroom, but as soon as he stepped in the smell of alcohol and urine overtook him. As he stumbled out of the restroom a man approached him and quickly pulled him into the restroom. All of a sudden Anthony felt a surge of blood rush through his body and he took the man down and beat him until he could barely breath, but the man still managed to stick the needle into his arm and inject some kind of serum. It did not hurt Anthony in anyway though so he didn’t think much of it. He immediately ran out of their and over to his mom and asked if they could go home.
At home his day went as usual doing his homework, eating, playing his Xbox and then going to sleep. Little did he know the worst was about to start, as soon as he lied in bed this agonizing pain hit him and he felt paralyzed for 15 seconds, but then he felt this immense strength. When he tried to turn the light on, he accidentally broke the sturdy, red lamp. Anthony one of the skinniest people in his school, maybe even in all of Los Angeles could not believe he was this strong so he just assumed it was a dream and went back to sleep.
The next morning when he still had his strength, he realized he didn’t need his glasses anymore and that he had excellent vision. As soon as he got to school he went to his best friend, Giannis, and told him about it. Immediately Giannis told him to beat up the school bully LeBron. Anthony didn’t think it was a good idea and told Giannis he might get suspended or expelled, but Giannis told him to do it off campus, after school. The time was set and as the school day was brought to an end, Anthony got nervous he hadn’t fought anyone, ever. Anthony saw his target walk out of his class and start heading home as soon as they were about half a mile away from school, Anthony closed the distance and swung with all his might to the right side of LeBron’s face and that’s all it took LeBron was out cold. As soon as he hid LeBron behind a bush Anthony fled from the scene.
When Anthony got home his mom was asleep on the coach, or so he thought. After about a half hour he tried waking his mom up to drive him to the library and she didn’t respond he knew something was wrong. He called 911 and when they arrived they asked Anthony if there was any fighting going on when his mom had stopped responding Anthony hesitantly replied, “No.” When they took her to the hospital, the specialist immediately said, “She had a blow to the right side of her face and had fractured her zygomatic bone. Anthony felt so guilty but there wasn’t much he could’ve done about it, except to stop using his powers. Giannis on the other hand completely disagreed and said it was a coincidence. Anthony thought of Giannis as a bad influence at this point and decided to beat him up, but with one punch to the gut blood started gushing out of his mouth and the doctors announced he had passed. When Anthony got home his mother was crying, when Anthony asked why she told him his father had fainted and was in a coma and he could stop breathing at any moment. The following morning Anthony’s father was announced dead.