Up Up And Away | Teen Ink

Up Up And Away

By tycasey32 SILVER, Monticello, Illinois
tycasey32 SILVER, Monticello, Illinois

There was nowhere to go…

Except for UP!!!!!!

I grabbed the balloons and the helium tank and started to fill as many balloons as possible.The water had splashed and the whole light house shook. Water coated me and my coat. Good thing that I conveniently had hundreds of feet of paracord and ten rolls of gorilla tape. I put all the materials to work and  attached all the balloons to the lawn chair and cooler. The hatch swung open and I waited till the waved settled. Then I threw the contraption out of the window and hopped into the chair. I set the leaf blower on full force and got out of that storm. I fell asleep and about an hour later I was in New York. My leaf blower had ran out of gasoline so I decided to land on the John Hancock building.

I decided to chain it down so it didn’t leave me, then I entered the building and walked down the 1,632 steps. Then to the nearest Starbucks and gas station. The cooler was filled with gas and my stomach was filled with 5 trenta sized unicorn frappuccinos. I thought that the way down the john hancock building was grueling but the way up was way worse. It also didn’t help that I was extremely bloated and was carrying a cooler full of an extremely flammable liquid.

After I had climbed up the stairs I burst through the door and strode to my ride with great aplomb. Feeling very proud of myself even though nobody was there to see it. Well at least that's what I thought. As I turned my head towards the leaf blower I saw a maintenance man with a very puzzled look on his face.

“Well what the heck is that, and why are you so happy.” He shouted over the loud sound of the 18mph winds.
“I just climbed those stairs without stopping. And this here is my little baby. I was trying to get out of a storm and it worked but now I want to make my way to Australia.” I screamed

“Well you know that there is an elevator right.”

I just stood there and stared at the elevator that was right next to the door that led to the stairway. He started to chuckle. I got into my rig, started my leaf blower, and I was off. I flew over the maintenance man, he was still chuckling. Even though I am usually a nice person, I gave him the old friendly middle finger.

About an hour or two later I was running on empty with my leaf blower. I decided to stop at the Shanghai Disney Resort. The weirdest thing was that security was rushing up towards me. They said that they had to bring me down to question me. I agreed because that was the only way they were going to let me go.
“N? wèishéme zài zhè.” The man asked in the most friendly tone. He asked why I was there.

“W? x?yào w? de chu? yè j? de qìt?.” I said in a friendly tone as well. I told him that I needed gas for my leaf blower.

The only thing that bothered me was the big light that illuminated my whole face, partially blinding. But we still talked for what felt like 30 minutes, but when I looked at the clock an hour had passed.

The man sent me on my way and told be to bring a radio so I could radio in next time. But when I left the building I was attracted to the land of great commotion (Disneyland).

My parents had never had enough money to take me there when I was a kid, so I decided to take a gander. When I got to the lines I felt very discouraged. They were at least a hundred miles long. I didn’t want to wait in line so I decided to head back up to my leaf blower powered “aircraft”. I started up my leaf blower and I was off. I was very close to Australia when the leaf blower started to putter and then it died. Completely dead. I tried starting it then remembered that I had just left the disneyland without getting any gas. I started to lose altitude about as fast as my grades had dropped in my junior year.

The deep blue ocean was getting closer and closer until, splash. The freezing cold water slapped my body with an audible crack. Then the water engrossed my body.

I choked, gasping for a last breath before I screamed for my mother. Then all went silent and black.

Then my alarm clock rang!!

on Feb. 12 2018 at 10:37 am
tycasey32 SILVER, Monticello, Illinois
Very Good!!