The Reversal of Time | Teen Ink

The Reversal of Time

September 7, 2015
By ash_larkins BRONZE, Waxhaw, North Carolina
ash_larkins BRONZE, Waxhaw, North Carolina
4 articles 1 photo 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The secret of becoming a writer is to write, write, and keep on writing." ~Ken MacLead


Cassidy Carter is thrown back into the world of M.T.C. and she quickly realizes her second chance may not be as easy as she thought. With a new allie and the memory of her vision in mind Cassidy is sure to succeed. Will Cassidy manage to avoid falling in love with Homer all over again or will she go spiraling down the same path as her vision?

Chapter 1: Week 1

My mind is full of darkness. I know exactly where I am. Hidden away in a small white room where no one can find me. That is what they want; for no one to find me. What they don’t realize is they have more to fear from me than from those outside. I am here on a mission and this time it isn’t a dream. This time it is real. This time I will succeed.
I am stuck here in the darkness of memories. Some of them have already escaped me. I am trying to hold onto the ones that are most important. The ones that are crucial to my mission. I continue to repeat the words, Homer is the Key, inside my head as I try to escape the vast lock on my mind.
A cascade of light pours through my mind as I finally manage to open the lock holding me back from what I need to do. The lock that was deaned unbreakable by the wisest of Mind Masters had just been broken by Cassidy Carter herself.
As discreet as one can be when escaping a highly monitored, efficiently locked, and booby trapped room, I make my way over to the door. The door is a few feet taller than me, seeing that I am only about 5’3. It is obvious that the door isn’t the most ideal way out of the cell. I begin to ransack the room in search of anything to help me escape. The walls are white as snow. Not one mark is etched into the perfect slate. The bed that I had just been lying on is completely a wreck. Covers are thrown all over the floor and only two remain covering the sides of the bed. When I lift the covers of the bed I notice a small fresh envelope that was singed on the top corner sticking out of the mattress. This letter had been much coveted. I pick it up and read the tiny curled letters on the front. The label reads Mr. Acade Top Secret! I knew the name. This was the man that had talked to me in my vision. Now what he had spoken I knew was true.
My nimble fingers tore open the letter. A small sticky note fell out with the same beautifully curled penmanship written across it. I take a look at the note with great scrutiny. Only to read the following:
Dear Ms. Cassidy,
      Not to instigate your curiosity, but I know why you are here. I know of the boy you call Homer. I am here to help. 38.8N 77.0W you know where to find me. I can help you succeed.
sincerely,
Mr. Acade AKA the man from your vision
P.S use the key I provided in the letter to unlock the door. If you are questioned don’t say a word. Just show the card.
I was born very agile. Which at the moment is proving to be a lifesaver. I quickly scan the card and turn the corner away from the cell. I knew exactly where I was heading. When I was a little kid I used to play spy with my friends from school. We would play around in the building for hours, and we always ended our games in the secret room with the coordinates 38.8N 77.0W. How Acade knew of this particular connection, I didn’t know. 
As I turn the corner I run into a tall man with buzz cut hair. It shocks me when I see that it it the guard who had gone through with my execution. This was the man that had killed me. I couldn’t breathe. My whole world came to a stop. All of the love that I had had for this man before quickly depreciated. He wouldn’t know me or even know what he had done to me. To him I was a stranger, but to me he was a killer. I run past him without making eye contact and crash into a young boy as I turn the corner. So much for not making a scene. I fall to the ground with a hard thud and look up to see a young boy with gorgeous blonde curls extending his hand to me. I hold back a gasp for I can’t believe the person standing before me. So much is washing through my head. I thought that I hated this boy for what he had done to me, but only the memory of him running to my rescue and screaming my name through tears could shine through. All of the hate that I held inside quickly disappeared as I stared into his pale, blue eyes and saw the love. He didn’t know that I was Cassidy. I could be anyone, but I would always be the girl that Homer falls in love with. I am his weakness.

Chapter Notes:

More chapters will be released soon.


The author's comments:

This is the sequel to the novel The Vision of Time. I hope all of you enjoy. This novel has been created from the differenct vocabulary words I have been presented with in school.