The Maze | Teen Ink

The Maze

December 18, 2014
By Morgan_pauley SILVER, Dunkirk, Ohio
Morgan_pauley SILVER, Dunkirk, Ohio
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
The question's not who's going to let me, it's who's going to stop me.



Many people have tried to conquer the maze, but none have been able to. If you make one wrong turn you may fall right in their trap and become a victim. For years many men thought they were smart, brave, and strong enough to make it out alive. It is a quest to show your bravery and stupidity. No one knows who made the maze, but whoever did they made it so no one will ever get through it. As the legend goes if someone is able ti get through the maze then they will be showered in riches.
Every year about twenty people from all around try to get through the maze and none of them were ever seen again. Their loved ones always beg them not to go and try, but their pride takes over them and they try anyways.
The first ones to go through this year are twins Daniel and David Hart. The two of them believe that with each other they have a good shot at getting through. When they were little their parents told them to stay away from the maze, but the boys don’t listen. The boys leave their home early enough in the morning so that their parents don’t hear them sneak out. They arrive at the maze at about seven a.m.
They see that the maze is completely dark even though it is sunny outside, but they don’t care they want the riches. They start into the maze and they are both very afraid.
“I’m worried that mom and dad will come in here to get us,” David said quietly.
“I’m not they will think that we just went on a walk or something. Don’t worry we’ll be back at the house and have a ton of money in no time,” Daniel reassured him.
“You’re probably right,” David says to Daniel.
Out of no where a branch falls right in front of them, nearly crushing them.
“Where did that come from!” David yells. The boys start to run, but it grows so dark that they can’t see anything.
“What are we going to do?” Says Daniel. Both of the boys are panicking, but the know if they want to be rich than they have to get through the maze.
“Just don’t worry and keep walking,” David says trying to be supportive.
The boys walk for what feels like forever to them and nothing happens. They just brush it off and think that the branch probably just snapped from a tree that they couldn't see. They turn the corner and they hear a snarl from the dark corner. Both of the boy jump and take a step closer to see what it is. Then the deformed animal jumps at them. They run as fast as they can. David trips and the beast gets him. Daniel tries to save him, but it’s too late. The beast goes back to where it was.
Daniel walks through more dark aisles, he knows he has to get through now more than ever. He just wants to get the money so that his brother didn't die for nothing.
He starts to see light and he runs towards it. He is at the exit right before he steps out he hears a sound behind him. He turns around to see a slim man standing there.
“You can leave until you win against me,” the man says.
“Win in what?” Daniel asks.
“A fight,” the man answers. Daniel was never good at fighting he was short and skinny. Every fight he was in he got a broken nose and a black eye, but he wanted to leave.
“Fine I’ll fight you,” Daniel says while holding up his fists.
The man pulls out a knife and throws it at Daniel. Daniel ducks and picks up the knife. The man throws another knife and it hits Daniel right in the arm, but Daniel still runs towards the man. Daniel plunges the knife into the man’s leg and the man says he wins.
Daniel is the first one to complete the maze. He walks home and when he gets there he sees a ton a money his mom is carrying. He know that he is a legend.


The author's comments:

I wanted to write about an adventure.