The Demon inside of you | Teen Ink

The Demon inside of you

By Purlfluff GOLD, Colfax, California
Purlfluff GOLD, Colfax, California

When you're drowning, you don't say 'I would be incredibly pleased if someone would have the foresight to notice me drowning and come and help me,' you just scream.
-John Lennon

The grey in the mans beard scraggly beard was especially defined by the campfire. His eye gleamed from the light of the fire. The few wrinkles on his face showed up that night. He showed his teeth and revealed a single missing tooth in his mouth. His tattered leather jacket, sunglasses with one of the lens poked out, and overall hardened look he had completed his image. This man was my father.
“ Kids,” he said to the dozen of children around him. “ I am going to tell you how I got these .” He pulled up his sleeve and all of the children saw multiple slash marks scared across him. “ It was late December fifteen years ago. I was riding my motorcycle throughout the city. I looked down into a random alley and saw a guy standing on top of another one, he was in a hood, and his face was bent over near the other guy’s. I thought somebody was being raped or something. Now I fancy myself a tough guy, so I parked my bike by the alley and went over they to kick that guy’s ass.
Once I got there though I realized that this guy was not rapeing somebody, he was eating that person.”, The children gasped, not because they were scared, they just felt the need too. “ He jumped at me, I hit him but it had no effect. He got on top of me, he tried to slash my throat, but I blocked it with my arm. Then suddenly,” all of the children had taken a deep breath, “ police officers came it. They shot him in the should, it seemed to be slightly effective against this beast. He then thrust his arm at my chest, then disappeared. The police officers asked how I was and I said OK and everything was good afterwards.
Until the next night, I woke up at around two in the morning, I looked at my clock, then as I was about to rotate my head to go back to sleep, I say my attacker. Just standing there, he pulled out a knife and licked it, then left, I felt a sharp pain on my arm, and realized that a scar had just been created there. I could sleep that night afterwards. I tried to got to my job, but was too week and I eventually called in sick. I didn’t real eat, move, or even drink water that day.
It happened the next night too, except the knife was smaller this time, and the attacker screamed at me all sorts of gibberish. I didn’t sleep that night either. I convinced myself to get a glass of water that day because of fear of dehydration, I felt even worse after that glass. Two and a half more day passed by. I didn’t do anything. I saw the demon across my room he was coming for me I got up but fell because of weakness, I walked over and grabbed a glass of water, for a last hope, drank it and he disappeared. After that I worked out, ate healthy, all that good stuff. I met your mother, and had you.”
“ This is just a myth you said that you got those scars from Iraq.” I said.
“ Son the Iraq war was the greatest Myth ever.”