Run Away | Teen Ink

Run Away

By Mikimouse888 PLATINUM, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
Mikimouse888 PLATINUM, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

Life isn't about the storm it's about learning to dance in the rain.

The devil child, Simone, was at it again in the city of Milwaukee on the bus ride home from school. He embarrassed Angel’s best friend Roxy. He was telling Roxy’s friends that she drools in her sleep. Roxy screams at Simone but he yells back. Roxy is so angry she punches the seat in front of her. As Angel comforted Roxy, Simone still didn’t stop yelling.

Angel finally yelled back at her brother, Simone “stop being rude!” As the tears in Roxy’s eyes dripped down her rosy red cheeks the bus stopped and the three kids got off at the stop. Roxy was still crying as she entered Simone and Angel’s house. They had a dog named Cookie.

Angel took Simone into the kitchen and asked him why he told Roxy’s friends that she drooled and he replied with “because I wanted to.” Angel was very upset that he said that. So Roxy and Angel decided to take Cookie for a walk.

Simone tagged along even though the girls didn’t want him to. Simone forcefully ripped the leash out of Angel’s hand causing fierce pain to run through her hand. He was absurd and he let go of the leash. After Cookie darted into the woods Angel and Roxy rushed for her as Simone just stood there kicking rocks.

Angel and Roxy stopped in their shoes. All three of the kids hear Cookie fighting and moan. The kids ran faster and faster as they saw Cookie fighting with a bear they stop in fear. All at the same time the kids looked at each other as the fighting stopped with a piercing yelp. It was dead silent until Simone ran closer to Cookie.

She was howling in pain. Her Leg was broken.Angel was hollering at Simone to run home to get mom and dad. Roxy and Angel bolted to Cookie and picked her up. The girls walked a little bit and got tired of carrying Cookie. Simone dashed inside and roared at mom and dad telling them that they needed to come and save Cookie.

As they drive down the road and see Angel and Roxy standing there. The girls get in the car and dad picks up Cookie and plopped her in the back of the car onto Angel’s lap. Simone rubs Angel’s arm and says “I’m sorry I really truly am sorry.” Angel won’t accept it. As they pulled up to the Animal Care Hospital with a screech. A doctor with a white lab coat came out to their car and swung the door open and pulled Cookie out. They didn’t want to stay there. They went home and sat down for three hours and didn’t say anything.

It was time for supper, Roxy went home shortly after the kids went to Angel and Simone’s house, and Angel went up to her room. Simone was downstairs getting a tray out of the cupboard. He made a fruit salad, two pieces of toast with Angel’s favorite toppings butter and strawberry jam, he poured a cup of orange juice, and cut a medium sized square brownie out of the pan. He put everything neatly on the tray and took it upstairs.

“Angel” he muttered “can I come in?” She didn’t answer so he just walked in. She was curled up into a ball on her pink and sparkly bed. He set the tray next to her and whispered “I made you supper.” She peeked over her knee and sniffed. “That smells Scrumptious.” “Thank you” Simone said.

He took a bowl off the tray and scooped some of the fruit salad into the bowl and handed to her. She told him that he could have a piece of toast too. So the kids sat on Angel’s bed and ate toast and fruit salad. The next morning the phone rang. Mother rushed to it “Hi this is the Animal Care Hospital your dog Cookie is on her way home. “Okay thanks!” Mother screamed “COOKIE IS COMING HOME.” The kids jumped up and down.

Cookie walked in the house fixed up but, she had a cast on. Simone turned Angel around and hugged her. Angel hugged him tighter and giggled “apology accepted.”

I wrote this for a second grade class.