Battle Scars | Teen Ink

Battle Scars

By ss.Heart SILVER, San Jose, California
ss.Heart SILVER, San Jose, California

You try you fail,you try you fail, but the only true failure is when you stop trying.

Dear Diary,
I told you I’d come back. The site of your tattered red leather cover engulfs me with warmth. Your spine cascading memories. I pull you out of the sand and I know we are together again. The ocean has not touched you; and why would it? You know too much of that horrible night; secrets it is too frightened to relive. I lay here on the beach with you here by my side. As I the sit on Rocky Point the waves crash as I hide. I hide the long lost memories, the adventures and the secrets. The alluring ocean clams me as I recall all the times we've had. The summer of '11 was a spectacular one indeed. As the shoddy pages rewind, images form; the night of the storm. The roaring winds rumble when thunder claps the sky. The lightning is humongous as I let out a cry. The swords reverberate against each other in a battle thick and thin. With so much war and blood shed does one side truly win? The bodies pile high but soon disappear from site. I suppose the waves must have taken them, in the dead of the night. The cause for this battle is too provocative to rename. Humans are not humans, killing is not a game. I can barely recall how we got out it really sounds insane. That’s why I lived a simple life, boring and mundane. As the train swept past the country I knew I must recount. The loss, the graves, the animosity and so I hid you safe and sound. In the sand I did shove for safekeeping till one day. That one day is here and I knew we'd meet again my trasure.Peace has come the air is light; warm water laps the shores. Love sprouts guilt dies. Eagles sore high and cry! ~What an adventure it has been...

ss.Heart SILVER, San Jose, California

Hey guys i realized there was a typo in the second stanza, it should say *treasure :)