Battle Scars | Teen Ink

Battle Scars

August 20, 2013
By ss.Heart SILVER, San Jose, California
ss.Heart SILVER, San Jose, California
8 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
You try you fail,you try you fail, but the only true failure is when you stop trying.


Dear Diary,
I told you I’d come back. The site of your tattered red leather cover engulfs me with warmth. Your spine cascading memories. I pull you out of the sand and I know we are together again. The ocean has not touched you; and why would it? You know too much of that horrible night; secrets it is too frightened to relive. I lay here on the beach with you here by my side. As I the sit on Rocky Point the waves crash as I hide. I hide the long lost memories, the adventures and the secrets. The alluring ocean clams me as I recall all the times we've had. The summer of '11 was a spectacular one indeed. As the shoddy pages rewind, images form; the night of the storm. The roaring winds rumble when thunder claps the sky. The lightning is humongous as I let out a cry. The swords reverberate against each other in a battle thick and thin. With so much war and blood shed does one side truly win? The bodies pile high but soon disappear from site. I suppose the waves must have taken them, in the dead of the night. The cause for this battle is too provocative to rename. Humans are not humans, killing is not a game. I can barely recall how we got out it really sounds insane. That’s why I lived a simple life, boring and mundane. As the train swept past the country I knew I must recount. The loss, the graves, the animosity and so I hid you safe and sound. In the sand I did shove for safekeeping till one day. That one day is here and I knew we'd meet again my trasure.Peace has come the air is light; warm water laps the shores. Love sprouts guilt dies. Eagles sore high and cry! ~What an adventure it has been...