My Hero(Steven Gerrard) | Teen Ink

My Hero(Steven Gerrard)

February 27, 2013
By jenniferstevie4life8 BRONZE, Minneapolis, Minnesota
jenniferstevie4life8 BRONZE, Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 3 comments

My Hero (Steven Gerrard)

Once upon a time in the far away of Liverpool, England there was a magnificently, extraordinary building that was called The Center of Awards. That day was a very important day. It was December 2nd which meant that it was the day in which the “Hero” of England would be announced and be given a very shinny award with recognition. For many England soccer players this was a very BIG DEAL. And as for all the people that were competing there were so many enemies. They all were doing their best that soccer season to finally achieve that award. Finally that day had come and there was a big ceremony prepared. Many soccer teams like Manchester city, Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. were there to finally receive the glamorous news. There were many murmurs throughout the coaches saying, “We got this, we are the best and I know nobody can defeat us…” The whole crowd was in suspense and curiosity. They could all hear their thumping, drilling heartbeats to finally receive the news. The directors opened the ceremony with a gladly exciting introduction.
The introduction included the anthem songs of the many soccer teams throughout the crowd. While the anthem songs played there was a slide show of the soccer players who played in those soccer teams. But all of a sudden, when it got to the song of Liverpool.F.C the mood of the ceremony suddenly felt more exciting and spontaneous. That left everyone with a sudden daze. They were all nervous and confused thinking that their chance of winning the award was now very risky. Then the time had come in which they were going to announce the winner. Everybody's hands trembled like pebbles skipping on a stream. The directors of the ceremony first thoroughly explained what the award was about and what the soccer player had to accomplish in order to be chosen. Then with no hesitation they announced the 2013Hero of England, which was the one and only Steven Gerrard from Liverpool.F.C. There were many thrilling gasps and disappointing sighs from the whole crowd.
Then by receiving the special announcement, Steven Gerrard got up and was walking forward to receive his award. Clicking his feet by walking, Steven got his award with a big smile of accomplishment. He got a microphone and said to the audience, “I am really honored to receive this; it is what I have always dreamed for. I specially thank my team, God, and my family because without one of them I know I could not have been able to do this with so much enthusiasm, Thank you everyone very much.” There was a big applaud towards the triumph of Steven, which is now the Hero of England. After the ceremony was over, there was a special dinner for the whole soccer team of the “hero”. Steven was very happy to show his fans and to motivate his fellow teammates in getting the award the following year.
Unlike Steven and his fans, there was someone out of the many who was really devastated with the result of the award. His name was Frank Lampard, he is a soccer player of a weak team of Europe named Chelsea.F.C, and he always wanted to be the best but never proved himself. Frank always envied Steven because he was better at almost everything. But since that award ceremony, Frank wanted to do bad, illegal things to Steven. He planned day and night on what to do to Steven. His only goal was to make an “accident” happen and for Stevens’ career to be over completely. This made Frank turn crazy and desperate. Every night he could hear his brain pounding louder and louder due to all the bad thoughts he was having. He tried many things to stop of his desire, but sadly the sin overcame him.
He finally decided on what his plan was going to be. He was going to shoot Steven in the leg! This was not an easy task because many knew of the hate he had towards Steven so he had to give it some time and actually become Stevens’ friend. He found out much information about Steven, in order to get “close” to him. Frank would go at 5pm to the practice area in which Steven was always at, and start any random conversation.
Weeks passed and Steven actually started to like Frank as a friend. Everyone was convinced that Frank was now a good person. So then there was his cue, the moment in which he could finally take revenge on Steven. So his plan was to make an appointment with Steven, alone, and to “fake” interest in playing in order to pull out his gun and injure him. He made that appointment and he was very anxious. He could hear his teeth chattering like constant tapping on a hardwood floor. He was ready to pounce!
The day came, and it was a very grayish type afternoon. Frank walked extra weird through the streets thinking that from that day on he would be the best. He brought with him a bag filled with many soccer shorts that were covering the gun. While he was walking, the breeze was smacking his face with disappointment. The guilt not only was being thrown at him by nature but also inside him there was a little voice telling him to turn back and to think things more clearly. He did not put attention to that small voice, instead he put attention to the devil in his right shoulder saying, “This is your only chance, and you have to finish with him once and for all!” He smiled evilly and opened the door of the practice area. No one else was there except Steven Gerrard practicing his free kicks. Suddenly, Frank approached and said,” Hey, I am glad you made it, why don't you start from the way back by that metal pole while I pass you the ball?”

“Yeah, I wouldn't miss out and yeah sure I’ll start from the back.” said Steven.

As Steven ran to the back of the field really fast, Frank took out the gun and pointed it at Steven. Steven looked really shocked and scared.

“Put that down! What is the matter with you?” said Steven.

“Because of you nobody values the important things I do, and they never notice my success! And you expect me to love you?!” said Frank angrily.
“No, I do not expect you to love me and never say that about yourself, you are as great as Me.” said Steven nervously.
Frank said irritated, “I can care less what you think about me, but it will all end right now!” Frank pulled the trigger. The bullet went right past Steven, touched the metal post and bounced back to Frank’s chest. Seeing that dramatic situation, Steven took him to the hospital and tried to save him. Unfortunately, there wasn’t anything to do for Frank, he ended up dying. There was much exhaustion that gloomy afternoon. Sadly Frank’s desires ended up killing him, and not getting him any of what he ever dreamed of. Steven, since that day on started to coach and train many young inspired soccer players to become just like him. That is why Steven Gerrard will always be my hero; even if he knows he is the best, he will always help the rest to become like him, once he retires.