Playdate | Teen Ink

Playdate

By mandaloreP GOLD, Forked River, New Jersey
mandaloreP GOLD, Forked River, New Jersey

And so their I was standing at the very Peek of the strange and bizarre planet Koronon. I looked out at the open space way. The vast open space showed trillions of tiny little stars all twinkling. I being the best space ranger in the galaxy would conquer them all seeing for whatever bit of alien life I could possibly find. Little did I know that soon enough I would have my wish.
I explored the dessert like qualities of Koronon. It was a barren wasteland of desert. I walked for what seemed like hours until from atop a hill I saw a large hut. It was made of solid stone and looked to be anywhere from 10-20 feet with a circular roof. I crept over slightly inching my way, with my battle rifle at the ready incase of attack. Cautiously and silently I moved. Just when I peering through a small window in the hut there was a shriek of alarm. I turned quickly to see two alien lifeforms, Both under 3feet tall. They had tentacles for legs and they left a trail of green slime as they walked forward. They yelled once again and I ran for somewhere to hide.
The two life forms were quite the runners, but I was able to hide from them behind a rock a distance away. Still searching high and low for me they were distracted and I figured time to make my shot. I loaded the rifle and aimed for one. A blast of red lights flew from my gun and landed next to the alien. Again they shriek and began to fire back at me. With their desinagration rays it was hard to be able to survive one tiny slip up and it could cost my life. I quickly dove backward aiming my rifle hoping I could get a clean shot on one of them and I did. I nailed one right in the chest and he feel to the ground. The other alien on the other hand had moved quickly through the distance between us and was up close now. We wrestled and fought. I felt the green slime over my space suit. The smell was so foul it made me want to throw up, and it stuck there was no getting rid of it, but for the sake of the mission I kept pushing forward. They alien had swiped for me and I feel to the ground holding his blaster at me he said some alien talk. The blaster charged up and I saw my life flash before my eyes.
“Billy, Jonathan your mom’s is here time to go home.” Mom had yelled from downstairs.

“Aw already? Parents always ruin the fun” Billy said taking off his alien costume and putting it back in the closet. John and I did the same and took of our costumes and went downstairs to see both parents waiting. We said our goodbyes and Billy said to me “I’ll get you next time space ranger.”, but that will have to wait until the next play date.

on Jan. 1 2011 at 2:40 am

I feel like you captured the feel of a playdate extreamly well. I can remeber doing something similar to this as a child. Excellent work =P

More stuff to come? mabey a follow up story?

TuTu said...
on Dec. 31 2010 at 12:30 am
That was quite amazing if I say so myself.  You need to work on your commas a wee bit.  Otherwise though, you did an amazing job.  I'm proud of you. :)

Engelus said...
There is some good creative stuff here.It Just needs a little punctuation here and there. keep it up.

Momito said...

Very cute! Different from your other writing, I was surprised by the "ending" of the mission, it was light and fun and made me smile :)

*side note- keep working on your proof reading skills