Terrorist | Teen Ink

Terrorist

By ReaderWriter GOLD, Tallahassee, Florida
ReaderWriter GOLD, Tallahassee, Florida

I walk into a crowded room, full of unsuspecting minds. I knew exactly what was about to happen, I knew that it could very well be the end of my life. I knew this while everyone just went on with their lives, enjoying their friends, having lovely conversations about the kids. It almost made me angry, the fact that everyone was so happy. Little did they know, that the very conspirator behind the latest terrorist attack was in the room with them.

I was working for CTU, we had agreed to meet this man in a public place, with no backup. He said he wanted to talk. I wasn’t so sure if I was really in a talking mood with this guy. He had killed thousands of innocent people not but 3 weeks ago. He is a blood thirsty murderer who deserves to die. No one should take anyone’s life. It is just wrong, and for that he must be punished. Unfortunately, my boss didn’t think that way. He knew that this man is a horrid person and all, he just thought we could reason with him. And he had to send me to reason, no matter my current opinion on him, because I was the only one that could sense if people are lying or not.

I was born with a gift, as some would call it. Doctors just say its stimulated brain cells. Who really knows. The point was, because of this ability I had to go and meet with one of the most evil men alive. I don’t even have to talk to him and I already know that he’s lying. Why would he want to meet with us for any reason other than causing more pain?

I walked up to the meeting spot that he had planned out. I saw someone that matched the description he gave me. I knew I was looking at the right person when he got up and walked over to me. The first thing he said was, “I know who you are, I know everything about you. And don’t even think that just because you can tell if someone is telling the truth, that you will ever bring me down. I’m untouchable. Get used to it.” I knew that this was only meant to intimidate me and make me walk while I still could, which is exactly why I stayed and even stepped up my game. I brought myself close to his face and said to him “Sir, you do not scare me one bit and you will be punished for what you did to all of those people. Innocent people died, a guilty person must now die as well. I do not want to be here anymore than you do, so I suggest you just say what you called me here to say, and we can all go home.”

He didn’t seem phased at all by what I said, but that’s alright. It wasn’t meant to scare him. Then he bent down and pulled out a notebook full of strange markings. Then he started to explain to me that there was another bomb in place. He said that if we did not do what he wanted that he would set it off. I looked into his eyes, and began to read him. He was telling the truth, there is another bomb. Then I asked a question, “If we do what you want, everyone is safe and the bomb doesn’t go off, correct?” He looked at me for a moment, then said, “Remember, I told you I know how you work. I’m not going to make this a simple battle for you. You are going to have to trust me, without me giving you an answer.”

“Why on earth would I trust a terrorist?” I asked

He replied, “Because you have no other choice. Run along now, your boss is waiting with the backup team I told you strictly not to bring.” And then he walked off. And so did I.