The Night of Wild Adventures | Teen Ink

The Night of Wild Adventures

February 12, 2024
By Anonymous

On the day July 13, 2023. You and your friends were very bored at Layton’s place because they had all of the ideas they had to do. So as normal freshman boys would do you go ask our parents if they can take us to Fon Du Lac and walk around town and go places to eat. So you asked your parents, and they have to do some shopping so you guys can go, just not for too long but knowing your parents it’ll be a long time. You, Alex, Aidan, and Chase all get into my parent's car and head to Fon Du Lac, which is about 15 minutes away from my house. When you guys got to Fon Du Lac my parents had to run to Fleet Farm which is very close to a McDonald’s which has plenty of areas for us to walk around. So when you get dropped off at McDonald's all of you guys walk in and get some big macs. We all love Big Macs because they never fail to make a delicious meal for the boys. When you guys get the Big Macs you decide to walk around town and eat them while you guys walk. They didn’t really think anything was gonna happen because it was pitch black. When you guys start walking, we walk into a sketchy looking road. Most of the road lights were burnt out, sidewalks were not trimmed and every house looked abandoned. You guys didn’t think anything of it at the time since you were talking and didn’t really worry about much else. When you guys were walking down this sketchy street you saw a black van drive past you. You didn’t think anything of it because the van turned onto a different road and drove off. 

A few minutes later Aidan saw the van again and said, “Isn’t that the van that just drove past you a few minutes ago.” You all looked at him and were surprised because it was the black van that had driven past you guys a few minutes ago. Safe to say you were all a little sketched out after seeing him drive past for the second time. So you tried to walk a little faster now knowing there was a creepy van driving around you guys. But as soon as you sat down at a little bench to start eating your Big Macs you guys got from McDonald’s earlier the van you had seen two times already was starting to driving down the street for a third time. Now you guys are terrified and as soon as Chase said “Guys let’s get out of here this is getting scary.” The van stops down the street in the exact direction you guys are heading. You all stop and wait, we watch them as they hop out of the van and start sprinting towards us. You all are terrified and start booking it in the opposite direction. Everyone is in panic and running for their life jumping over fences, between streets, and across driveways but you were slowing down. You couldn't run too much longer. You were calling for your friends to slow down but they were gone before you could even get the words out of your mouth. You were on your own now you had no clue what to do besides run. You ran and ran but you stopped to take a quick breather. Then it happened you felt one dude knock you on the head and there you went, you were knocked out cold getting jumped by those guys in the van. When you woke up from the evil-doing of those people you had absolutely nothing besides my clothes and your phone. You have no clue why they didn't take your phone since that's the most expensive thing on you other than your debit card. They even took your Big Mac which was the worst part of them beating you up.

When you finally get back up and take a breath of what just happened I'm almost in tears because of how bad that hurt. There’s blood on the ground, there are streak marks from the tires of the van that the people took off in. Safe to say you were jumped. You suddenly hear a shouting noise coming from behind you and you take a look and it’s your friends loud voices shouting your name, and looking for you. You try to shout back but you can’t your mouth does not let any words out, you are speechless. As you sit there you think to yourself, “Are they ever going to come back for me, did they even hear me when you shouted for their name?” You are in tears, you feel like all hope is lost, you feel like giving up and you think you are going to have to start a whale new life since you have nothing on you. You wonder if you even going to make it anywhere since you are very hungry and there is no food for you to eat and it’s ten o’clock at night so everyone is sleeping. But then you see it, that black van from before and you get a little curious to yourself. You wonder if it’s unlocked and if any of your stuff is still in there. You sit there and think to yourself. You thought why not go for it your already at a pretty low why leave it there? When you slowly creep up to the van you realize it’s unlocked so you hop in and see the keys under the seat. You think to yourself and say “Can ya boy drive home.” and there you are driving yourself to find your friends and take all of you guys home, which might be a bit of a problem because you have no clue where your friends are at this moment. As you drive street to street looking for your friends who are looking for you. As you thought to yourself nothing worse could happen it happened, the van ran out of gas. You were sitting there in defeat but you hear something behind you something that seems very familiar to you. You get a feeling of excitement you look back and it’s your friend all three of them Alex, Chase, and Aidan all looking for you. This time is different for you this time you have your voice back, you have your stuff back, and most of all you have your energy back. You get out of the van and start running and yelling for their names you finally feel like you can get back to them as you run and run there getting closer and closer, but when you finally get to them you yell their names and they look back at you and turn around. As you realize it’s not them, it’s not the friends you have always hung out with for many years you can’t even count it. You stop and just give up on a bench right beside you. You realize you’re by Lakeside and are just staring into the endless lake in front of you, you are just thinking of how you are going to get back and if you are going to be able to get back to your family and friends. As you sit there you find yourself sleeping but not sleeping on the bench but sleeping in the arms of a women. A woman so familiar it’s your mother. You wake up and are surprised because you’re back your back with all of your friends and even your parents. They found you. Your mom is asking if you are ok and you are just speechless because you thought it was a miracle that your parents found you. You finally get back to the real world and respond to your mother and she asks “Do you want to get your big macs back?” and you just smile and respond with “Yes Mom I would love a big mac I'm starving from all that stuff.” Everyone smiles and just hops in the car. When we get to McDonald’s you get your Big Macs and you say “Let’s take the car home and not walk” everyone smiles and Aidan says “Let's hear what all happened all night long”. You laugh and say “Well we got a long car ride I’ll have plenty of time to explain”. Everyone laughes and goes home and you're very happy you are back with everyone.  


The author's comments:

It made me think to inspire people to be careful at night