Bill Billionaire | Teen Ink

Bill Billionaire

January 18, 2024
By Alec_D BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Alec_D BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

There was once a man named Bill who had a billionaire uncle. Bill and his uncle had always been close. When Bill was a child, he and his Uncle spent almost every weekend together, going on amazing adventures and exploring the wilderness. His uncle was a renowned climber, known for pushing the limits on everything that he did. Whether it was diving into the depths of the vast oceans or climbing the highest mountains, his uncle did it all. Climbing up the ranks in popularity, he amassed a fortune.  Unfortunately, his uncle was so busy doing all this that he could never start a family, so Bill was the only one he was close with. However, Bill’s uncle got sick and passed away. Knock, Knock, Knock… Bill scurried to his front door, but no one was there. Confused, he looked around, only to find a pristine note, wrapped in a red ribbon on his welcome mat. The note explained that his uncle had left a generous gift for him at the top of his favorite mountain, Mount Everest. On the back of the note was a picture of where the inheritance was left. The problem was that Bill was deathly afraid of heights. To obtain his uncle’s inheritance he has to conquer his biggest fear in the most challenging way possible. Bill was determined to collect this inheritance. Each day he climbed to higher and higher heights, starting with a large rock, and working up to the tops of skyscrapers. After training and going through courses to learn how to climb, he was ready. He hopped on the plane and flew off into the fiery red sunset. At the bottom of the mountain and at the beginning of his journey, he stood tall, ready to overcome his fears. Bill faced jagged terrain, frigid weather, and astonishing views on his way up the mountain, but he was unstoppable. He finally made it to the top of the mountain, where the picture showed the inheritance being left. All of this, only to find another note, covered in snow and ice — “Dear Bill, you changed my life and I’ve always loved spending time with you. However, I am no longer with you. In return for all of the precious memories you made with me, I leave to you my fortune.” Bill was jumping with joy, and so grateful for what his uncle had left for him. On the plane ride home, he left, proud and ready to head home.