Mari's Great Adventure | Teen Ink

Mari's Great Adventure

By kboushee BRONZE, Nevis, Minnesota
kboushee BRONZE, Nevis, Minnesota

Mari Ashwood was an adventurous girl. She had short, curly, brown hair, a small build, and kind face. Working an office job is never quite what she had pictured her life being but it helped pay the bills. Her dream was to travel the world and explore all its wonders. Yet the need for money to support her parents  made it impossible to leave at all. One fateful day Mari’s boring life hits its end, and a new journey starts to emerge. 

When Mari meets an unlikely new friend named Beau, a small, energetic puppy, they go on a perilous journey to find him a home.  Looking high and low for the perfect family for Beau proves to be a formidable challenge. Mari and Beau get closer as time goes on, and finding the perfect home gets to be more difficult than ever. After weeks of looking for a home Beau begins to feel sad. In an effort to get him a better home  Mari takes him  across the country, in search of answers to why no one seems to want him. That is when She discovers that Beau is not a normal puppy after all.

This is a Novel concept I wrote after reading an article about a woman who was traveling the world with her dog that gave me a loose idea for the excerpt above.