Javi | Teen Ink

Javi

By Julio-Barron BRONZE, Houston, Texas
Julio-Barron BRONZE, Houston, Texas

Javier is a junior in high school and has a girlfriend named Emily which he had met in freshman year. She is really pretty but Javier isn’t, in fact he is pretty damn ugly. It made people from school wonder how he pulled that off, Javier is also kind of a loser. He has no friends, is ugly, skinny, and broke.

School started 3 weeks ago, everyone knows what they’re doing now and football season is around the corner. The school was going to host a pep rally in honor of the school’s first game so Javier and his girlfriend Emily decided to go to it. When at the pep rally everything seemed fine, the freshmen were as loud as always and the cheerleaders were cheerleading, and there were various mini games that went along with the pep rally. When the football team came out everyone started cheering as expected, the most popular people in the entire school. The football team sat in a row in front of Javier and Emily, one of the football players named Jacob turned around and started talking with Emily. Jacob didn’t know Javier was her boyfriend so he started to flirt with her and Emily wasn’t holding back either. Javier, embarrassed of what was happening, put his head down while he thought of how he was gonna approach the situation. When he gets his head up he sees Emily making out with the star player of the football team Jacob, shocked in the moment with his heart broken he leaves the pep rally without an explanation of Emily and calls an Uber home. When getting home still thunderstruck from what he had seen, he stayed in his room crying, thinking what went wrong and why she had done that. Later that night he came to the conclusion that Emily left him because he was a loser, he had nothing going on in his life so he decided to change that.

The first thing he decided to change was his money, he knew he was broke so he got a job at McDonalds, working extra hours he was determined to make as much money as possible. The second thing he did was change his appearance, he got a gym membership and started going every single day, he also let his curly hair grow out. The third thing he did was buy a car so he could drive himself to school. By the time senior year started he was a completely different person, he went from a skinny 130 pound kid to a 220 pound monster and he grew 3 inches over the summer so he was 6 '2, and he grew some luscious curls. Emily and Jacob are also seniors too  and are dating, but Jacob had to switch schools because he moved houses. Javier joined the football team in hopes to one day play against Jacob and get revenge.

As the season went by it was getting closer and closer to the final until the day came, Javier was gonna face Jacob in the final. Game had started, the most expected game of the season. Everyone thought that after Jacob left the team they would never do good again but that’s when Javier arrived just in time. It was already the second half and Javier was down by 5, with 3 minutes left he had to act fast. Jacob had the ball in his hand and was going to secure the win with another touchdown when out of nowhere Javier appeared and tackled the life out of him, the impact was so hard he started having a seizure and minutes later died in the field. Somehow Javier managed to get the ball off Jacob without it hitting the ground and ran down the field scoring the winning touchdown. 

Days passed and Emily seemed terrible, her boyfriend passed away, she felt really lonely so she tried talking to Javier again hoping they could remend the past. Javier looking at her with such disgust ignored her, Emily couldn’t handle it anymore and committed suicide a week later.

After graduation, Javier decided to buy a one way ticket to Sweden (where the most beautiful women live) in search of the love of his life, that McDonalds money came in handy.

He arrived to Sweden and was going to establish himself at the nearest hotel when the receptionist catches his eye, he approaches her and everything from there is history.