Leaving Behind | Teen Ink

Leaving Behind

Last night I dreamt…

The beautiful beach of Santorini, Greece sings to me as the sky paints a magenta across the whole thing. 

“Look out!” I hear as a puffer fish is flying my way. Someone tackles me out of the way and I look up. Its Will. 

Out of the 1,234,579 people in Greece, Will is the one person my gloomy heart did not want to see. He looks down at me and asks “donde esta los botas?”. I giggle and tell him I like sneakers better now. 

Although I didn’t want to see him, we talk and catch up over a large ice cold dr. pepper from Mcdonald's and some country-fried steak and eggs.

We finish our meal and I tell him I must go home, back to middle eau claire lake where my husband Morgan Wallen is waiting for me to arrive. 

It's hard to leave someone with such good rizz, but I love my husband more. 

On my flight back I sit and ponder if I should have left Will behind in Greece. I look to my left and ask the lady next to me what I should have done.

She tells me she started her life out as a writer but didn’t feel fulfilled so became an oncologist and now is world-renowned. She tells me her name is colleen hoover and she found the cure for cancer in a cyclops. 

I get home and crawl into bed. My hot husband is right next to me but yet I still feel like something isn’t right. 

My mind keeps running on about Will, I just need to shut the hell up and go to bed. I am trying to do whatever it takes to outrun the storm that he put me in.