coffee houes | Teen Ink

coffee houes

January 12, 2021
By Anonymous

This summer I started to finally get some free time to go ride dirt bikes. My cousins and I rode our dirtbikes 5 days out of the week every week which made us all better riders. Every day we would start making a new trail then we would ride it in and get a rut going. Then at the end of the week, we would do trail maintenance: cut branches, pick up sticks, and take the dirt that we dug up and put it next to the rut to form a larger rut so we can corner faster.

There would be days where we would do nothing but dig in new trails all day. No matter what we would all be over at my uncle Jim's house by 10:00 am, and we would be there till it was dark. There were weeks where we would only work on trails. But every other week we would get trained by my cousin Jeremy who is the best rider I know. If you're able to put something in front of him he can ride over it. He was self taught, but he is incredibly good. Every other week we would train with him after he got done with work. He would teach us how to pivot, which is a turn where  you need to pull in the clutch to rev up the engine, pop out the clutch pull up your front wheel then turn all at the same time. The next day he would teach us how to work on our cornering and to teach us how to corner more efficiently. The following days he would teach us how to get over a log, work on our form, work on climbing hills, going down hills, Bike control, and more. When we would all ride we will try to race each other and see who is the fastest through the woods. We also made a little motocross track that we race around and pass each other in mid air. 

When they say that some things good can come out of something bad they’re not wrong. Yeah, there might be a horrible pandemic going on but I wasn’t able to do anything else but ride dirtbikes, so it truly made me a better rider. This summer was by far the best summer yet for dirt biking. It was dry and the conditions for riding dirt bikes were perfect. Because of the pandemic, I became a much better rider. 


The author's comments:

I like to ride dirtbikes in my free time, go look at cars, and ride bmx