Untitled Superhero Story | Teen Ink

Untitled Superhero Story

December 11, 2020
By jzeruth7789 BRONZE, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
jzeruth7789 BRONZE, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Brynn is run through the city of London trying to get to school yelling “I’m going to be late!.” She is wondering to herself how she overslept again, and she could not believe that she had done it. What excuse do I have up my sleeves this time? She thought to herself. For those who do not know, this is the part of the story where Brynn tells you about who she is and why she is always late. Just going to tell you what she is saying since you can’t hear her, but her name is Brynn, and she is always late for school. She was not always late for school. This year has just been chaotic with the fact that a superhero lives in the city, saving everyone from a villain who also lives in the city. She is a teenager who probably juggles with her schoolwork and saving people. That teenager is, well you guessed it, Brynn. She can’t tell you how she got in this situation. She does not have time to tell anyways since she is already late.  
Brynn gets to class with surprisingly with one minute to spare. She sits down next to her best friend completely exhausted. Let’s call her Emma, shall we? Emma, the best friend, looks at Brynn and asks, “Did you not get sleep again last night?” Brynn replies carefully saying, “No, I was up all night because Polar Bear and Tradewind where at each other's throats again by my place last night.” Then Brynn places her head down on her desk to try to get some rest. Emma, being a geek when it comes to superhero things, says to Brynn, "Well, I think that is awesome! You get to be right there during the action!” Brynn has no energy to function, so she just gave her a thumbs up. Suddenly, Emma elbows her in the arm. Brynn jerks up startled and confused. “What? Why did you do that?” she questioned. Emma looks at Brynn with a mischievous smile. Brynn waves her hand in front of Emma’s face to get her attention. “Hello? Earth to Emma.” Emma points in a direction and Brynn’s eyes follow her finger. Brynn completely loses her cool. Tomas showed up today. For those who don’t know who he is, he is a super dreamy crush that Brynn has. He is beautiful! Brynn sighs and leans her head into her hand. She zones out, staring at him thinking about their future. The bell rings and her daydreaming is cut short for lunch. Everyone gets up and walks to the cafeteria.  
Brynn sits down in her usual spot which is close by to Tomas’s table. She watches him walk by, so she waves at him. Tomas looks in her direction, smiles and waves back. He goes to sit down. He says to his best friend, “How is it that all I did was smile and wave at Brynn instead of saying something to her?” His best friend, who doesn’t talk much, shrugs and eats. Tomas just sighs and looks at Brynn. Brynn turns around and her face turns bright pink. She is in denial that Tomas waved back at her. Brynn looks like she is about ready to explode in a hundred different pieces. This is the best day EVER! She thought, not knowing what would happen later. Emma sits down next to her and asks her why she is all smiley. They both gush over what happened. “Go over and talk to him!” Emma demanded. Brynn looks at her with a frightened look. “I can’t just go over and talk to him! If I do, he will think I'm weird and I will never be able to try to talk to him ever again!” Emma sighs and replies, “Okay, one of these days you will talk to him.” Brynn nods and lunch finishes. Everyone goes home and the action starts happening, but before we get to Brynn showing up to fight let’s look at the villain’s mind. 
Tomas goes to his room after feeling neglected by his parents he starts to mess up his room in anger. “I just don’t understand. Why would they have a kid if they are not going to give them attention?!” He sits on his floor to take a deep breath. “I am going to make sure that people feel my pain.” He gets suited up and goes out his window. He destroys buildings, which causes smoke to flood all over London. “No one can stop me!” He thought until Brynn shows up. 
 “Looks like we meet again.” Brynn says to Tomas as he turns to make eye contact with her. He has a mischievous laugh. “And this will be the last time we meet.” He says as he lunges at Brynn to take a hit. She dodges his hit to take a swing at his leg causing him to fall. She pins him down to make sure he doesn’t get up. “Let’s see who is causing all of the havoc in London.” She took his mask off and at that moment her face turned pale like she saw a ghost. She was not expecting to see Tomas as Tradewind. She backs off not being able to think. He gets up laughing, “So now you know who I am, what are you going to do about it?” “That is an excellent question, what am I going to do?” She thought. 
“Tomas! I know you don’t know who I am, but you don’t have to do this! It is not too late to be good. I can help you change! You are not alone!” Hopefully, that can talk some sense into him. “I’ve been alone for my whole life! What makes you think YOU can change that? Nothing will change!” Well, that backfired. She thinks that she can get him to back down. She walks over to him and takes his hand. He gets confused about what she is doing. “I believe that you are not a bad person. You are just broken and if you allow me to help you, then I can turn your life around.” He thinks for a moment which makes everyone think that her words worked. “Sure. Why not?” Brynn smiles, “Really?” He smiles back, which changes from a soft friendly smile to a villainous smile. “No.” Her face falls and he punches her off the building causing her to fall to the ground. CRACK! There was a sound of bones breaking which was Brynn’s ribs breaking. She is unable to move anymore since she is in excruciating pain. Brynn is struggling to breathe. Tomas jumps down and goes over to her. “Let’s see who you are Polar Bear.” Brynn tries to stop him from taking my mask off, but she is too weak to move. He takes it off. His face went from being a villain to sadness in seconds. “Brynn?..” She smiles weakly and forces herself to say a word. “Hey...” She closes her eyes and ends up blacking out because of the pain. Tomas puts his hand on the back of her head, holding her close as tears are dripping down his face. He is screaming for help. “I am so sorry Brynn... This should have NEVER happened to you.” Sirens from firetrucks are zooming by to take care of the fires that he created. All because no one gave him love and attention. No one was nice to him. Except for the one he hurt. 


The author's comments:

The ending is a bit dark. I personally like when stories leave people on their feet, so then they can be left wanting more.