Auditorium Chaos (Featuring Leslie) | Teen Ink

Auditorium Chaos (Featuring Leslie)

November 25, 2020
By Lizbiz237 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
Lizbiz237 BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great" -Mark Twain


I was made for this moment. Two days ago I would have never thought that I would have the guts to do this. Just the thought of all my classmates staring at me sent shivers down my spine. The announcer called out “Leslie Gellerstien, please come up to the podium.” I stand up clutching my paper and march up to the front of the room. “I can do this,” I thought. 

Walking up to the stage I saw Emma out of the corner of my eye. She waved and gave me an encouraging smile. Actually, she was the reason I was here in the first place. I made a tiny wave back.

Running for student president was a big move for me. I was known as the quiet girl who got good grades on tests, but not in participation. My competetitors faces faded away and I floated up the steps to the stage. I can do this!

What happened next was extremely random and weird. First, the ground started shaking. Then everybody started freaking out because it was actually a very big tremor. Outside we also heard people panicking and cars beeping their horns. Suddenly, part of the roof fell down into the top balconies and a creature with a lion head and the body of a bird came crashing through the ceiling. It was very bizzare and for a moment everybody was frozen in shock. Then the thing roared and everybody started jumping out of their seats and pushing each other to head towards the exit. 

I, however, stayed in one place and stared at the creature as if he were a misbehaved kitty wrecking a glass vase. Eventually he met my eye’s with his own. They were gold and red with little orange specks all over them. I made my gaze fiercer and fiercer. On the other hand his gaze seemed to be getting weaker and weaker. I kept wearing him down like that until he slowly started to back away. With my eyes I tried to communicate to him to go or else. I didn't know what would happen if he didnt go, but I was assuming it wouldn't be good for me so I kept staring him down. Suddenly he opened his yellow wings and flew away into the sky. From then on I wasn't known as the quiet girl anymore. I was the girl who saved everybody’s lives. 


The author's comments:

I don't write many short stories, but I thought I migth as well submit this one. As of now I'm working on a longer book, which I can asure you, is more sophisticated than these pieces that I have up now.