Personal Bubble | Teen Ink

Personal Bubble

By rindikayle BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida
rindikayle BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida

Personal Bubble                         

By: Rindi Kayle

There once was a princess that ran away from her royal, stressful life to live far away on a farm with cute sheep in the middle of the forest. She has lived on her own for less than a year, and has created a new routine for her daily life. The princess knew there were knights out in the forbidden forest looking for her chill, little hideaway, yet she continued to live on her happy farm with the intent to build a fortress taller than her family’s.

With the dream locked in, the princess got to work. Starting at the end of the driveway she placed every brick, the driveway came together slowly but in the end her beautiful pathway was three times the size of her old home’s. Her castle grew and grew, starting with her room bigger than her parents’, finishing with the most furnished barn for the now thousands of sheep. 

After all the hard work her wonderful palace was done, and all her goals were reached. The happy princess’s new home reached outer space, had many bridges to reach the other sides of the rivers, needed millions of keys for millions of locked rooms, and a compass to get around it. She lived in the palace for a few years, soon losing all trace of her family. The more she lived in the castle, the more difficult it got to climb the stairs, and unlock every door. The princess soon lost hope of ever being found, and showing off her new independent lifestyle.

The lonely princess crossed every bridge that her castle reached with to get to the other sides of rivers, and made so many new friends. All of her fairy tale stories she was told as a mere child came true.Trolls lived under her bridges, fairies lived under her mushrooms, and magic lived in the air. As more and more supernatural showed up, she began to believe again. The princess now wasn’t alone, and grew a family of gnomes, and goblins; witches, and singing frogs, unicorns, and talking animals. 

The princess got caught up in her life on the ground, she didn’t think about the sky. One day, as she watched the hybrid Scarab beetles fly, she noticed a light that was glowing blue and red. The lights shined brighter than the sun. As the lights grew bigger, the cause behind the lights became clear. The princess’s lost hope of ever being found seemed to fade away, with the smile on her face as her father climbed out of the spacecraft. Her father has always said he’d search high and low if she’d ever gone missing, he took this to a new level. As the alien and her father stepped down from the UFO her father’s eyes never left the new family the princess had made on her own. After a long talk, and even a longer walk around the palace, the king let his daughter stay in her bubble. The princess hasn’t had a single day since that she wished she were back home.