Dream Island Story | Teen Ink

Dream Island Story

On some day at some time I find my self on a paradise island. I don’t have any idea what time it is, I don’t care. I haven’t the foggiest idea how I got here, but I do know its amazing. I’m currently basking in the warm sun’s rays, enjoying the sweet scent of the ocean air. It is now that I start to realize that I do care about what’s going on. Through logical thinking I discover that I haven’t been here that long because I’m not in the slightest tanning. I may not be sure how I got here but I now I’m hungry. Sadly, I say my good byes to the delightfully soft sand, and I start off into the lush jungle to explore. Now not even five minutes after my walk began I see in the distance a giant luxurious hotel building, its completely crystal-clear glass with a giant pool and mini water fall display. As I arrive closer I see a wonderful array of beautiful flowers, in a thriving garden. I thought to myself “this is a nice hotel” I wondered if maybe I went inside there would be some people to help me or feed me. Oddly as I went inside I found a fine marble counter, but no attendant. As I kept searching the lobby I noticed that I walked right past a giant fountain with a giant stone fish spitting out water as the display. This hotel was exquisite. As I continued back to the counter I saw that was only one room key. Confused I said out loud “what kind hotel only has one room?” It came to my attention that I was probably only person on this island.

Now a few hours have passed since I came to my senses. I have explored the hotel and found quite the turnout. In searching I found first a very clean and well scented dining area with large jungle wood tables and well-prepared dishes and silverware. While searching around the dining area I smelt delicious food coming from a closed window nearby. As I opened the metal covering the window, found a massive amount of top of the line food and a very very nice kitchen. I then being very hungry at the time got one of the plates off the tables and filled it with a nice sub some crispy bacon a few brownies and cookies and I poured myself a nice big glass of Pina colada smoothie. It was one of the most enjoyable stuffing’s I had ever endured, but above all the Pina colada was the best thing I had ever tasted. Then after a nice warm meal I continued my search but not before I made my way to the upstairs room with the key from the front desk. In the hall way before the room I noticed many other doors but none of the were the bedroom, so I walked passed them. Upon entering the bedroom, I saw a massive memory foam bed with nice brown sheets. I was going to hop in and go take a nap but realizing how dirty and smelly I was and seeing a huge nice shower, I decide to take one first. The shower had a rich overhead spray with perfect temperature. I took a quick 20-minute shower. The shower was so nice and refreshing, the soaps were very finely scented and cleaned very well, the towel was super soft and large. After which I saw that the clothes that I were in before were sandy and smelly, so I wondered what to do. Instinctively I opened the closet and to my utter most surprise it was filled with clothes of all types from classy suits to nice comfortable relaxation garments. After a quick look through I found a pair of soft pajamas and in a little drawer I found clean undergarments. Though it was very odd that all the clothes were in my size I gladly accepted and took a nap. I had never slept better in my life then in this bed.

To go on now being well rested and in a nice outfit I wondered what else could possibly be in this dream hotel. I opened doors to find a garage filled with chromed out exotic vehicles, a nice entrance to the pool with towels and pool floats and toys, and lastly a theater with a whole selection of blockbusters and videogames. You can only imagine how hyped I was to be here. But that was only the upstairs as I continued down the spiral staircase found more rooms with more shocks and amazements. I discovered a full outdoor tennis and basketball court, a great ballroom with many fine instruments, and a beautiful path right through the garden where you could see all the wonderfully planted florets.

A few days have passed since I found this mansion and so far, I have been swamped in a good time I have basically mastered my backflip on the super high dive in the gorgeous pool area. I have played until my thumbs are sore on the huge console selection and now after my nice toast and egg breakfast, I'm going to go on an adventure with a nice huge four-wheeler luckily the huge closet had a section of padding and biking gear so now I have decided to go out on an adventure. I slowly opened the door to the garage and went over to the four-wheeler I desired and with a quick tap of a button the garage opened to a nice big ramp down to a big bumpy trail in the jungle.

The thrill of the super-fast yet very safe rolling of the huge wheels across the ground made me feel so alive the moist jungle air brushing up against my face, it was an adventure. I had speed for miles across the beautiful island and I decided it was time to head back when I notice an odd smell nearby. I looked up and to my surprise I saw smoke; I thought it was going to be a huge forest fire, but I realized that it must mean that someone else was here. Oh, how I longed for a face to see. After arriving at the site of the fire I found to my surprise a plane that had been crashed and there was a man crouching next to it by a bonfire. He was so happy to see me that he basically tackled me off the vehicle with a hurl of a hug. He said “Oh thank you so much I though no one would ever come”. As he squeezed me tighter I let out “how long have you been here.” he replied with “only since last week”

This is what i wrote in my Creative Writing class