Grounded | Teen Ink

Grounded

June 18, 2018
By ktturnerr BRONZE, London, Ontario
ktturnerr BRONZE, London, Ontario
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Everyone, hands up!” 05 agents were flooding in like a bathtub overflowing. I felt as if I were Katniss Everdeen in the book, The Hunger Games. I could not believe my eyes, as forty 05 agents were coming into my home village.


    Oh, I should probably introduce myself. Hi, my name is Stella. I am from Högsby, Sweden. Sweden is known to be a wealthy country but no one really talks about the not very wealthy villages or what actually goes on inside those villages.


    It was a normal day. Everyone in the village was doing what they had to do, cleaning up, feeding the animals, and looking after their children. Then all this ruckus occurred.


   My two other siblings were handcuffed and taken away. I, on the other hand was put on three planes and a three hour drive in a car. I had no idea where I or my siblings were going. Twenty hours later, I arrived in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada.


     A family greeted me at the train station. “Congratulations!” they told me. We got into a car and drove to their house. All of the views were so beautiful and different from what I was used to. The next day, I went to school for the first time.


        Four months later, I was told why I was here in Canada.  Two 05 agents showed up at our door. The two of them told me that my siblings were in a place called Chrome, and that I was never going to see them again. My siblings would become slaves to the 05 army. I would become one of the soldiers in the army fighting for 05. 05 was trying to take over the world and build an army to fight planets. Canada was the only country that they wanted to exist.


  My cover was that I was an exchange student coming here to experience life in Canada. I had not made many friends at school, but I did meet a set of twins. Their names were Harper and Ethan. They became my first real best friends. We spent hours and hours together. They reminded me of my siblings and how I missed them so much.


   When the time came I had to break the news that I wasn’t really an exchange student and that I was an 05 soldier in training. Harper and Ethan were heartbroken, frustrated, and confused. Once I told them Harper just ignored me, Ethan on the other hand was quite interested and wanted to know more. But I couldn’t answer his questions because quite frankly I didn’t know the answers myself.

The family I was staying with knew my secret but were held to secrecy. They had no children. That was why they signed up to take in one of the children that 05 had taken. Honestly, they are quite odd but they have been good to me so I can’t talk bad about them.


I have now caught you up on the main events in my life so far. So now you are all up to date. Tomorrow I start my first day of 05 soldier training camp. I’m not very excited. I worry about my my brother and sister if they’re okay and if they’re safe. I have heard rumours about how if you passed the 05 test you are possibly allowed to write letters to your loved ones in Chrome but they unfortunately cannot write back.


I have completed my training to become an 05 soldier. Today is my first time on the field battling. Through this training program I have gained a lot of strength and learned how to be a warrior.  Ethan also was accepted into the training late, and he was in my 05 class.


Bullets are coming from left and right north and south. A bullet whizzed by my ear and sadly struck a soldier. There was a scream and then they dropped to the ground. I started to bawl my eyes out, tears coming down my face like a running tap. Later, I discovered that the person hit by the bullet was Ethan.


Ethan and I went to the hospital. Due to Ethan’s wound in his chest the doctor said it would be a long recovery and that Ethan could not be an 05 soldier anymore. Ethan and I later fell in love but Ethan was never the same. Until...


The author's comments:

I wrote this becasue we had to write a fictional short story in school.