Teen Ink | Teen Ink

Teen Ink

December 10, 2016
By BoobooBeetle DIAMOND, Jacksonville, Florida
BoobooBeetle DIAMOND, Jacksonville, Florida
74 articles 1 photo 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”
G.K. Chesterton

"And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you."
Denis Johnson


Dear Teen Ink Editor: 

 

I wanted to thank you for providing a website where, no matter what, teens can start getting published. As someone who has submitted just over 50 articles thus far, I highly appreciate this opportunity. 

 

There are some things that I wish you would have on your website, though... For example, I strongly suggest you had an area of the website where you provided information on what exactly you're looking for when choosing pieces to get published in the print magazine. Personally, I feel as though that being published on the website is no special achievement as virtually anything is published, no matter the quality of it. I understand that there is a place where teens can see what you're looking for in terms of winning a contest that is available, which several are, but I think there should be a separate section of the website. 

 

This is just my comments and suggests to the Editor, not trying to criticize. Again, thank you for providing such a fun, safe, and creative place where anyone can try and be heard. 

 

Sincerely, 

Jasmine