ITT Technical Institute | Teen Ink

ITT Technical Institute

January 1, 2013
By TheAwesomeJeanine GOLD, Phoenix, Arizona
TheAwesomeJeanine GOLD, Phoenix, Arizona
13 articles 6 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover", "A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same."


Searching for a college can be a very daunting decision. Even though I am not going to ITT Tech, it can be the best college for a student who wants to learn all about technology, drafting, design, and business (just to name a few). This school convinced me to write this report because ITT Technical Institutes all combined was considered the largest percentage (14.7%) of Associate and Bachelors degrees awarded in the U.S for electronic programs. If you are interested in ITT Tech, I will tell you everything you need to know about the entrance requirements, cost, financial assistance, and applying for scholarships.

First, in the entrance requirements, you will be needing a high school diploma or equivalent G.E.D. Meeting with somebody or a representative from ITT Tech is always a good idea to tour the school and inquire about any campuses that you want to attend for the near future. Also, everyone knows that you need to pass an admission test or exam and have at least a 2.0 on the 4.0 scale from an accredited institution. Here are some more information:

First a person must have the interest and motivation to work hard and complete the program. At ITT Tech, we want people to succeed. But a person must want to be successful as well. To qualify for admission, an individual must:

1.Have a high school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent

2.Meet with a representative of ITT Tech


3.Pass an admissions test or have scored, within the immediate preceding five years, a minimum of 17 on the ACT; or 400 each on both the verbal and math portions of the SAT or have earned either 36 quarter credit hours (or 24 semester or trimester credit hours) with an overall cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 grading scale from an accredited educational institution.
4.Arrange a time to tour the school
Altogether, the entrance requirements are very simple once you know how to handle it.

Similarly, the cost might be too expensive or just right for you. $16,536.00 is the cost for the tuition. They give out Bachelors and Associates degrees without any cost for the study of fields of technology. 128 students are enrolled in ITT Tech, to enroll, it depends on your course of study and if you will study online or actually study on campus.

Tuition, costs, and fees:

In District

In state
Out state
FT Undergraduate Tuition

$15,300


$15,300
$15,300
FT Undergraduate Required Fees $300
$300

$300
Academic year prices for new, full-time undergraduates:



2005-2006
2004-2005
2003-2004
Tuition and fees
In-state
$14,412
$13,764
$13,108
Out-of-state

-

-

-
Books and Supplies-
-


-
Room and Board -
-
-
On Campus

Off Campus
$6,120
$5,958
$5,832

Third, the financial assistance for ITT Tech offers different varieties of programs for all students. Students who cannot pay for school expenses by their due date are able to have military assistance and federal work-study programs. The science and mathematics access to retain talents (SMART) grant is another assistance to have. The second one is supplemental educational opportunity grant (SEOG) is just another aid. Financial assistance is very simple to deal with.

Finally, applying for scholarships is very easy. The scholarship award will be in the amount of $36,000 ($9,000 per year) to be applied toward any bachelor’s degree program offered at the school. Basically, all they are looking for are standardized test scores that are G.E.D. equivalent. They are looking for your parents’ financial information including tax returns too. Third of all, are some financial aid forms that I recently told you about. If you follow these steps, applying for scholarships can be less worrisome.

Perhaps, now you can see why ITT Tech can be the greatest college for you. The entrance requirements can get you prepared at ITT Tech. You’ll be amazed by the cost of the tuition there. The financial assistance can help you if you need extra help. Applying for scholarships will not be as challenging as you thought. Wouldn’t you want to start your college education at ITT Tech?