Susquehanna University | Teen Ink

Susquehanna University MAG

By Anonymous

   Selinsgrove, PA: Susquehanna University is found in the rural town of Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. This small (1400 undergraduates) liberal arts university consists of the School of Arts and Sciences, the Sigmund Weis School of Business and the School of Fine Arts and Communications.

When visiting Susquehanna, I found that not only does the university have a friendly and social population, but it also offers outstanding academic programs and facilities. On the plush green grounds stands the 1500-seat Weber Chapel Auditorium, the Charles B. Degenstein Campus Center (with bookstores, student life center, and a non-alcoholic nightclub), and the Physical Education Center with two gymnasiums, Olympic-sized swimming pool and weight rooms. There are 100 clubs and organizations on the campus.

Susquehanna offers 42 majors and minors programs including pre-professional and cooperative programs. I found the Blough-Weis Library quite impressive also. It features a 24-hour study center with a microcomputer lab, a University Tutorial Center and a video production studio.

The professors at Susquehanna are also very friendly and understanding. The student/faculty ratio is 14: 1. Most classes are small and personal. It is also very much into community affairs. For those of you who will be visiting this small University in Quaker country, you can look forward to devoted students and faculty who are striving to expand their horizons and make a difference. n




Reviewed in 1992