Augustana University | Teen Ink

Augustana University MAG

Rock Island, IL: Theater, debate, journalism,publishing, broadcasting, accounting and music are just a few of the 900courses at Augustana College, with its 115-acre campus and about 2,200undergraduates.

The average class size is 20, providing morecontact with professors. Augustana also has a good living environment.Students can choose on-campus residence halls, college-supervised orprivate housing. The residence halls include single-gender or co-edhalls.

Augustana is a top school when it comes to sports.Programs include baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf,soccer, swimming, tennis, track, wrestling, softball and volleyball.Teams have won more than 40 conference championships.

With fivechoirs, six instrumental ensembles, theater and dance productions and aspring musical or opera, one in four students is part of an organizedperforming arts activity. But the arts is just one area of theuniversity's many offerings. Students can also get involved in academic,special interest, social and honor society activities andorganizations.

The total cost for one year, including room andboard, activity fee and tech fee, is around $22,000.

With beautyeverywhere, friendly faces and lots of fun for all, Augustana seems likea great college to help prepare you for your future.

Reviewed in 2001

i love this !