University of Chicago | Teen Ink

University of Chicago MAG

By Anonymous

Chicago, IL: The University of Chicago is a vibrant institution founded in 1890 by John D. Rockefeller, who described the university as “the best investment I ever made.” With 4,800 undergraduates, the school prides itself on being the ideal size for learning and socializing. The University of Chicago is one of the most prestigious colleges in the country; in addition, it is considered to have the most beautiful grounds. Not only is it a great university with a gorgeous campus, it’s located in a unique residential neighborhood just seven miles south of downtown Chicago.

According to BusinessWeek, the MBA program at Chicago’s business school is ranked first in the nation. In addition, Princeton Review ranked it first in the country for “Best overall academic experience for undergraduates.” Business leaders, educators, students, and alumni rate Chicago as the finest school in the world. Its size contributes to this because it is diverse enough to include students with a vast range of interests and backgrounds, yet it is small enough for them to meet and network with one another.

Chicago is arguably one of the most beautiful schools in the nation. The quads feature stunning botanical gardens. Most of the buildings have a Gothic look with gargoyles. It’s hard not to stare at the beautiful landscaping and the unique and interesting structures. Chicago has recently constructed a number of new buildings with the same Gothic look.

Chicago’s location is critical to the essence of the university because of the opportunities it offers students. Going to school in Chicago may lead students to the city for their first serious job with tangible hands-on experience. There, undergraduates are able to work with the best of the best and graduate from college with legitimate work experience. However, the fact that the university is not located right in the heart of the city is very important because it allows students to experience the college campus feeling. Nevertheless, the city is just ten minutes away.

As a final point, after personally visiting and exploring the University of Chicago, I don’t see why anyone in his or her right mind would turn down the opportunity to attend a school of this stature. In my opinion, Chicago is one of the best schools in the country for academics, has a flawless campus, and is in the perfect location. For more, visit uchicago.edu.