“Find your faith.” | Teen Ink

“Find your faith.”

October 11, 2007
By Anonymous

This is easier said than done! Finding your faith is like looking for a cat in a pond. No matter how hard you look, you will never find it. You’ll never find perfect faith; however, you will see glimpses of it.
Faith is a parachute on a fighter plane. You have to believe that if you pull the cord, it will open. If you want faith, you will get it. Like God and the parachute, just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not there.

My faith was tested last September, when my friend’s father had a cornea transplant. Days later, I attended a youth group where the leader made an analogy to a human eye. He was marveling at how fragile and remarkable it is. I was in awe that he brought that up. There was no way he could have known about my friend. I knew his message was not a coincidence. My faith let me see the connection between the analogy and what was happening in my life. My faith reassured me that my friend’s dad was going to be okay.

Without even looking for it, my faith was found! Faith is like a friendly stray cat that arrives on your doorstep when you have a bad day. Don’t be disappointed when you are staring into the pond looking for the cat, and it doesn’t appear! Like with the parachute, you have to believe it’s there.





“Find your faith.”