My Essay | Teen Ink

My Essay

May 31, 2023
By 4noahraab BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4noahraab BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I also believe that you have to take the risks that plastic takes on the environment. While this is a miniscule thing I might have wrote half-heartedly like I was asleep I believe there can be a bigger meaning debriefed from that short line. 

It might seem like a stretch to connect these two things, but after looking through my quick write for this semester this is about the best thing I can obtain.

Something that I struggle with and I believe many people struggle with is the ability to take a risk and get to work on something they believe in because it may cause certain amount of pain or sacrifice that we have to give to obtain the goal that we have to risk to get. I hope in writing this I can learn too start sacrificing time I otherwise would not to get to where I want to be in my life.

My original piece was used to say that we need to use the risk plastic takes on our environment because I think that in the long run it will cause more good then harm. This is a mindset that I would say I try to have but that is not true. I want it, I want to be able to become the best version of myself I can be and I want the mindset required to do so but I am not doing anything to help get me there. Just like my argument with plastics many people suggest we should get rid of it because of the harm it causes but will refuse to come up with an alternative or lower their plastic usage during the day.

I also believe that this can be tied into what we have worked on this semester, although it could be interpreted many different ways, writing can be a difficult thing for many people to understand and do well but if you risk taking the time away from playing games or checking social media while you are supposed to be writing which at the same time is sacrificing activities that would boost your feelings in the moment but leave you with an assignment you did not complete after eighty minutes. 

This is how many people feel with themselves after an opportunity passed them. They feel like they missed out like something is not complete, like they missed their best chance at fulfilling their dreams and that is a feeling that I am getting closer and closer too as I grow up, hopefully in writing this I can begin down the path that will lead me to be what I want to be.


The author's comments:

This was written for my final exam in composition class.