Who Are You? | Teen Ink

Who Are You?

By Clemmonds BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Clemmonds BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"Destiny is a gift. Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor. That to strive and triumph in the face of fear is what it means to be a hero. Don't think. Become."-Jim Lake jr.

Who am I? I am Kevin The Hot mess. I’m crazy and misunderstood most of the time. I can’t my true self around people because people won’t be able to handle it. I have a lot energy and keep still. You go in my room its gonna smell like takis and sweat. I’m not like everyone else people know what they want to do or how to do things. I don’t if i have to do something very important i’m going to fail. I know I will and yet I still get jobs to do something important. I don’t fit in any category or style of people. And I don’t want too I am just gonna wing it and see what happens. 

Everyone likes cartoons but not everyone likes the same cartoons as me, the cartoons I like are the ones that don’t make sense Like Wander over Yonder, I have sat in my room just watching this cartoon and I don’t regret it. Wander the main character in the show always see the good in every one and tries to make everyone there friend, he sings and dances in every episode next to his best friend Sylvia, she keeps him safe. Wander has made me who I am, I try to be just like him but I just need a bestfriend like Sylvia that can keep me safe when I get in trouble. 

Just how all men like muscle cars I don’t, don’t get me wrong cars are cool but if a car Is screaming in my ear I am not going to get a excited. I need a corvette z06 and ill be happy. I know it’s a boring car at least all the people i talk to about it thinks so. A boring car to a boring person. But maybe I am just around the wrong people. If a famous person buys it itll be a cool car but im not a famous person. I even love the disney movie Cars I still watch it and I am in highschool. Kids in high school are Into rap, ripped geans and loud cars. Im into disney songs, sweats and small fast cars that won’t blow out my ear drums.

The most normal thing that I am into for a high school student is sports. I am a football player, basketball player and a long jumper. When I am on the field the only thing that is on my mind is what coach wants me to do and how I can help my team win. But off the field I am the odd one everyone in my house hold is a Las Vegas  Raiders fan while I am a Eagles fan. 

In conclusion I am a hot mess, I don’t fit in any categories. I have a loud voice but also a soft one. I can be dumb but also feel like the smartest person in the world. In the future, Ill be A college student on a football team, on the way to the draft. 

What inspired my piece was my life so far and how its been so weird.