An average human being | Teen Ink

An average human being

“One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” is a quote by Shannon L. My name is Desiree Flores, a daughter, a sister to four siblings, and a highschool student at Luther Burbank. I am a student who struggles to learn but has lots of goals in life. I'm very energetic. I love going for walks during the night. I also am a person who loves to listen to others with their problems. I don't talk much. I like to keep most of my thoughts to myself.  I'd prefer not to take chances, but my mother gives me the guts to do so. My mother advised me to develop goals in order to achieve my future aspirations. 

Aside from music, my family is the most important thing in my life. Wherever I go, my parents exhort me to be a good person. They want to see that I have a successful future, and I feel like I can achieve everything I set my mind to when they are around. I have an older sister who I'm no longer particularly close to and three younger brothers. My sister and I matured, so we don't really have time for one another anymore. She has always supported me through my highs and lows, and I am thankful for that. To spend more time together and as a break from everything that has been going on in our lives, my entire family will be traveling to Mexico if god wants. 

Horror is beyond my favorite genre in movies. I've always enjoyed scary movies since I was a child. Human centipede, Jeepers Creepers, Wrong Turn, Halloween, Hills Have Eyes, and many other films are among my favorites. In some movies, a psychologist plays a role. I've always found it fascinating how they interact with patients and address mental health concerns by offering counseling and psychotherapy. 

In the future, I intend to enroll in college and pursue my ambitions to grow up to be the person I've always wanted to be. I've been considering my career goals, and I think being a hospital-based phsycologist would be a good fit. Being a physical therapist allows me to fulfill a lifelong desire to assist others by assisting them with their mental health. but my major goal right now is to graduate highschool. This goal is the most improtant to me because I want to make my parents proud. 

I am just like everyone else who has life ambitions, to sum up. a young lady who enjoys conversing and listening to other people. Anyone can accomplish their goals as long as they are true to themselves and do not care what others have to say.  I'll keep proving to myself that I'm brave enough to face whatever life has in store for me. 

My mom pushed me to do this piece. My mom gave me good ideas to talk about and I wrote what I thought was good.