Offshore Blues | Teen Ink

Offshore Blues

By norajohnson, Chula Vista, California
norajohnson, Chula Vista, California

Contemporary photos are known for their classic composition and vibrant colors. Combining the fundamentals of photography with the capabilities of photo editing software, contemporary photographers must obtain skills in multiple mediums of art in order to create images that are dramatic and evoke a sense of emotion. Taking the photo itself is only the first step, but requires a keen eye for detail. Composition, lighting, and angle are only a few of the specifications that must be taken into consideration before capturing a picture. After the photo is taken, enhancing the colors in a computer program will make the entire image more vivid and give it substantial depth.

"Offshore Blues" is the perfect example of a contemporary photograph in that the serene scenery contrasts with the electrifying color scheme. The photo is taken from the pier at Manhattan Beach in Los Angeles, California. The fact that the entire picture is in focus is the main aspect of its composition. The angle of the camera lens is avoiding beams of sun that would create a flare of light on the image. The photo is digitally enhanced and color corrected to amplify its vibrancy. The brightness and contrast of the photo is slightly improved, and the tones of certain colors are increased. The colors in the original photo are monotonous and the entire image is extremely dull in comparison to “Offshore Blues” with color correction.

Exhibiting a message or emotion is the most important quality of any creation. When creating a contemporary photo, one must use photography, graphic design, and digital imagining as mediums to create a cohesive and passionate work of art.

Similar images

This photo has 0 comments.